Sell Nintendo 3DS XL or not?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by pikpol, Jul 2, 2015.

1. pikpol
    OP

pikpol GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2009
    Netherlands
    Hello everyone,

I'm going to buy a new 3DS this summer, but I already got an O3DS and O3DS XL.
    I'm not going to sell my O3DS because it was my first and just don't want to sell it.
    As I said I also have an original XL, but I use this one for Gateway and other hacking stuff.
    But if I buy a New 3DS that can be hacked, would it be smart to sell my original fw 4.5 3DS XL?
    I think I'm not going to use it afterwards and I could then hack O3DS.
    But maybe fw 4.5 has to much benefits over a fw 9.2 3DS?

thanks so far

2. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    O3DS on either 4.5 or 9.2 have the same hacking capabilities, the only difference is 9.2 is compatible with the save data from newer retail games and can only boot into Gateway/CFW whilst connected to the internet/android hotspot app.

3. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    Seeing as pretty much any 5.x-9.2 o3ds can be downgraded to 4.x anyway 4.x fw isn't really "special" any more, I'm if you already have a o3ds and a o3ds xl and plan to get a n3ds you might as well sell off one of the o3ds's and keep the other as your spare

Just a word of warning though 9.2 or lower n3ds will likely be getting rareish "soon" so if you want a hackable n3ds you will probably have to do a bit of detective work to find one on the correct FW

4. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Vanuatu
    I refuse to sell my games console shiz anymore, i used to when it came to my games and I got jackshit most of the time. So it can all collect dust and be passed on to my family when I croak it.