Sell me on a PC game for the summer!

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Ryukouki, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Ryukouki
    OP

Ryukouki See you later, guys.

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    Basically thus - I'm looking for a decent game that's on the PC. Prefer if it had multiplayer, makes it funner to compete with family or friends. Do your best to sell me on it! Steam, digital download, sell me. I dunno if I'll make it in time for FFXIV Heavensward. *sniff*

2. endoverend

endoverend AKA zooksman

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. Read the review to know why. :)

3. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    Open up steam... On the front page. Close your eyes.. Touch the screen. Whatever your finger lands on, you have to buy. The good news is that if you don't like it, you can return it. Can't say the same with physical.

4. Flame

Flame Me > You

Jul 15, 2008
    give us more info bro which games have you played this year, and and type of game do you enjoy.

5. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Choose one (All fun Multiplayer with friends games):

Skullgirls
    Left4Dead2
    Sonic Racing Transformed
    BattleBlock Theater
    Speedruners
    Monster Hunter 3rd HD (Emulator)
    Don't Starve Together (it might get boring after a while)
    Half Minute Hero (The sequel has community maps and if you buy the second you'll get the first one too)

They are all on sale right now and every game is under 5$ atm on Steam.

6. vayanui8

vayanui8 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    United States
    Planetside 2 is great multiplayer game, but it requires a pretty strong setup and I wouldn't even bother trying if you use a laptop(unless you spent ungodly amounts of money on it)

7. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    I tried don't starve together. Boring? The damn thing is just impossible. Everytime, I tend to spawn somewhere far away from any resources and one time just surrounded by monsters.

As for which games...erm...here's my top 20 from last year.

If you want one (and only one): get this all-stars humble bundle* and play antichamber. It's like no game you've ever played. The multiplayer is in seeing who of your family can beat it first (of course without spoilers).

Why, you ask? Because this game has all sorts of Escherian puzzles, traps, quests and what have you. It's mysterious, strange, minimalistic and downright weird. It's about learning to think outside the box, using tools you have and trying things in a first person environment that other games seem for granted. There are mazes and hidden doorways, questions, junctions...it's more of an experience than an actual game, but even if you're not into puzzle games this is a gem. It won lots of prizes, and if you ask me, it deserved every one of 'em.

*which really is an all-stars bundle in every way...world of goo, limbo, braid and antichamber are among the best games I've ever played, and the others are 'decent' at the very least.