Select Best Buy locations will be hosting Smash Bros. Ultimate demo events

sol-36338-smash-fest-2018-how-it-works-37379.jpg

Nintendo and Best Buy have partnered up before, to allow fans to play select games at demo kiosks prior to release, and it seems the tradition will continue with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Ten United States Best Buy locations will be setting up demo units later this month, and into October, where you'll be able to try out the game before its December 7th release. If you live in California, Washington, Texas, New York, or the other listed states, you might want to see if one of the events is near your area. Small prizes will also be given out to those that play the demo.

EFXJK6x.png

:arrow: Official Site

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know what that's like lol. Every time, every time they pick Dallas, when Houston's the major city here. #hugecityproblems
Well for new york, Manhattan is the major part of the state, not Bronx. Still there is enough stuff here to go around and plenty of stores here. Just no one ever gives attention to them probably cause they share the building with other stores rather than just owning it's own building.

Back when 3DS released, they had a demo units of the system in the New York Grand Terminal Station which is not really a place for advertising games, but many people do have small side stores there which so I guess wasn't the worst place. I figured at least nintendo world or gamestop something relevant unlike best buy which isn't entirely about games. Guess in hindsight it means more people than just gamers will see it. :ninja:

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can expect two things from this...
1) someone on 4chan is going to claim that they work at Best Buy and somehow “got”the game and “dumped” the contents
2) someone actually will get the game and dump the contents and share on 4chan

Either way, there will be “leaks.”

Last edited by Stephano,

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm glad the US is the only country, otherwise others would feel left out.

Really how hard is it to host this at SEVERAL locations?

Glad I got to play 4 rounds at E3.

Reactions: VitaType

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's like that one scene from TMNT with the burnout building with the arcade machines. Except it'll be Best Buy and SSBU. So, basically the same thing.

PS - Yea, I don't care either. Only really care about SSBM since I play it with my BIL. Just like Mario Kart (which we should play more).

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh...the nearest one too me is in an ex-murder capital of the u.s. ....and I can only travel by bike...
well, ya live by smash and you die by smash

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: