Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
SEGA has something in store for the PS3 and the PSVita and it's going to be revealed March 28th. What is it? Do we have any clues? Well, the teaser site has some... falling sand. See for yourself:

:arrow: Teaser Site
:arrow: Source

This thread will be updated after the game is revealed.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
OH SHIT ANNOUNCEMENT OF AN ANNOUNCEMENT TIME TO SPECULATE

• main.swf - So a main series game, and the extension (swf) is three letters. HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED ON PS4!!!

• Found some japanese text in the source as the description meta tag.
    By SEGA, new titles are announced! Whole picture is obviously on March 28!
    TITLES IS PLURAL even though I'm using Google Translate™. Maybe this means more Mega Man titles! If they produce 17 at once there's a chance one of them might not be cancelled! NEW MAGA MAN CONFIRMED!!!

• The source references files like "SEGA%20NEW%20PROJECT%200328_files/ga.js" but I get a 404 on trying to access it, so it's referencing something that's not there even though it should be... kind of like an entry in a game series that's not on recent consoles but should be? HOLY SHIT IT'S SHENMUE 3!!! CONFIRMED!!!

• Wait, the above line wasn't using underscores, and spaces are still considered "unsafe" in URLs (which is why they got replaced)... so it's something by inexperienced devs. Probably indie devs. ... MINECRAFT PS4 CONFIRMED!!!

• main.swf is forced to have a canvas size of at least 1000,600 in order to not shift relatively-placed things when the window is resized. This is about what you'd expect a fully-expanded browser at a 1024x768 resolution to display, and 1024x768 was the dominant resolution for high-quality PC gaming back in 2000... which was the year Samba Di Amigo came out, and the PS4 has extra controls to play it! SAMGA DI AMIGO PS4 CONFIRMED!!!

• There's a div in the source using CSS with a lot of !important overrides. Sonic's a very important franchise, and "Hedgehog" has the same number of characters as "main.swf", and the flash has sand... SONIC + PRINCE OF PERSIA CROSSOVER CONFIRMED!!!

camurso_

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think they will launch a brand new game, with a brand new franchise, in which the player controls a blue animal and has to save the world. In order to do that, the player must run, jump and catch rings.
Nothing like we ever saw...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's heartgold. Mind you he was the only person to like the infamous "Sony is worse than the mafia" post, just to put it into perspective.
I was just wondering what gave him the idea since the game is clearly simultaneously developed for both platforms - you can't "port" a game that doesn't exist yet... but I digress.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sega doesn't have the power stones to do another Power Stone, so I'd put my money on yet another Sonic game.

Whee.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
...I have no idea why people assume it's going to be Sonic when nothing on the teaser site would suggest that. SEGA has other IP's y'know.

...but for the sake of being humorous...

Sonic the Hedgehog: Colonial Marines ;O;

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Milking of the Sonic franchise aside I would enjoy seeing a sequel to Sonic Chronicles, minus the touch features. And cutting back on the awful puzzles that killed the pace of the game.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Milking of the Sonic franchise aside I would enjoy seeing a sequel to Sonic Chronicles, minus the touch features. And cutting back on the awful puzzles that killed the pace of the game.
I was more disappointed that that game wasn't called Sonicles.

Yay old Tempcast joke from when it was listenable!

Reactions: Guild McCommunist

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: