GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If SEGA would release a remake of Sonic 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles combined into one massive game, I would forgive them for all their previous abominations
biggrin.gif

A 100% side scrolling XBLA (or retail - I don't care!) 2D game with redrawn 3D visuals that stick close to the original level and style designs would be .... orgasmic.

I can dream can't I?

shado blackstar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Am I the only one who thinks Sonic Rush(1) was actually a good, quality GBA game? And one of the best Sonic games in years?

Sega can make a very high-quality game. Just look at ps0. The problem is, Sonic fans will buy complete shit, and constantly say "This is the last time" after they realise it's complete shit, and then go out and buy it again a month later.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even think they need to fix sonic anymore, just put him to rest. If they can't do a proper Sonic game, they need to make that rest permanent. And going back to 2D won't help Sonic. Sonic Genesis on GBA proved this fact. Sega has just forgotten how to make a Sonic game. If they can't remember, they need to retire Sonic.

And in regards to Sega's statement "we need to make better games" here, they said the same about Sonic. They said they were not going to make a new Sonic game for years, yet they broke that promise and made about 3 games- Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Chronicles (Bioware, but still a Sonic), and Sonic Black Knight.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dear Sega,

In Sonic Unleashed, when I glitch through the first fifth of a level, take every shortcut, and then glitch again at the end of a level, and I STILL don't finish in time, you've set the time limit at a ridiculous level. This is the last challenge for one of the worlds, and I demand you give me my achievement.

Love,
jumpman17

Perseid

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
While I would be first in line to give Sega a good kick in the ass I think it's a little unfair to separate the developer/publisher arrangement. This hybrid arrangement is especially prevalent in Japan. Namco does this all the time. Enix built most of their company on "second" party devs. If Sega releases a good game they deserve credit for it. Somebody else didn't release it. They did.

Algester

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Extreme Coder said:
I'm disappointed..
Nobody mentioned Valkyria Chronicles?
AFAIK, it IS developed by Sega, and it's most probably THE best JRPG so far this gen.
yeah this I agree is one of the best games people with PS3 visual wise and plot twist wise plus hatsune miku project diva no wonder.... XD prolly time to get a PSP

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Perseid said:
While I would be first in line to give Sega a good kick in the ass I think it's a little unfair to separate the developer/publisher arrangement. This hybrid arrangement is especially prevalent in Japan. Namco does this all the time. Enix built most of their company on "second" party devs. If Sega releases a good game they deserve credit for it. Somebody else didn't release it. They did.

That will also mean that if SEGA finds a kick ass game while getting permission to release it, that will become heroes in the end?! I don't take that shit for anything! They want to reply stuff like 'focusing' and 'higher-quality' then they need to know the labor of create a game that can equal with their past or competitors!

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait a minute.... didn't they say this when they left the hardware market as well? To produce high quality games of Sega of yore, and become the biggest third party game developer? Well that never happen didn't it? Seems like they did better when they were in the hardware market vs solely software, which is kinda what they did not want to happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi