Sega Vintage Collection hack help please

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Iceweb38, Feb 23, 2013.

Feb 23, 2013
  1. Iceweb38
    OP

Newcomer Iceweb38 Newbie

France
    hey guys,

I'd need a little help there.
    On the Sega vintage Collection, I'd like to get the wallpapers that are displayed behind the emulator screen. That is because they appear in great resolution with no elements pasted over it.

Look for example there

I downloaded the game and managed to extract the contents with wxPirs and what I got where mostly .psb and .psb.m files.
    I think I can pinpoint which files are related to the artworks and musics.

But the biggest problem is to determine what kind of files are psb (not related to Photshop I think) and how to convert them into a more common format.

Anyone got an idea about this? Files examples can be provided if needed.

2. Smuff

Member Smuff Fossilized Gamer

United Kingdom
    .psb files are Photoshop.

"Photoshop files sometimes have the file extension .PSB, which stands for "Photoshop Big" (also known as "large document format"). A PSB file extends the PSD file format, increasing the maximum height and width to 300,000 pixels and the length limit to around 4 Exabytes. The dimension limit was apparently chosen arbitrarily by Adobe, not based on computer arithmetic constraints (it is not close to a power of two, as is 30,000) but for ease of software testing. PSD and PSB formats are documented.[11]"

3. Iceweb38
    OP

Newcomer Iceweb38 Newbie

France
    Indeed that was my first lead but it didn't work.
    Besides, it wouldn't have made sense when musics are seemingly stored in psb format too, which is completely irrelevant to Photoshop.

4. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    Could just be a special container made specifically for that file.

I remember the screenshots of SSBB being saved in .bin format.
    .bin is also used for the NAND of a 360 as well as the Wii NAND and possibly the PS3 NAND/NOR ;p
    Not only that but it's also used for DVD firmware files.