Sega Saturn classic Panzer Dragoon will be getting a remake

IMG_2405.JPG

One of the more standout titles from the short-lived Sega Saturn will be getting remade soon. Forever Entertainment has been hired by SEGA to remake Panzer Dragon I and II. Both games will feature brand new graphics "comparable to today's standards", and some of its gameplay elements will be modernized to make it more accessible to new players. No platform was given, but the first game's remake is confirmed to release before the end of 2019, while Panzer Dragon II: Zwei: Remake will follow the next year. More information is due in the "next few months". Forever Entertainment's previous history consists of Fear Effect: Sedna, which was moderately received by critics and fans.

:arrow: Source

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Neat. I played through both on my chipped Sega Saturn not too long ago, and they're definitely games that could use a good visual upgrade, along with some gameplay modernization.

It's a massive shame they lost the source code to Saga though, that game is definitely one of the best Saturn games and definitely needs a remaster so more people can actually play it.

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is amazing news :)

Can we get sonic adventure 1 and 2 remakes next?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I love sonic adventure games but they have aged

Reactions: AlexMCS

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
SEGA are finally redeeming their mistakes by bringing more of what people actually want.
Doesn't matter if it's a remake, remaster, or a completely new game.. As long there's passion, the sky's the limit!

speaking of sky, Skies of Arcadia remaster when?

Reactions: AlexMCS and kingtut

WoJjTeK

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I hope this doesn't end like other SEGAAA! remakes, The Nights Into Dreams one was terrible.
Whats wrong with it? bought it and did 100% on PC with no issues. I know that some chain timings were changed so some infinite chains are not possible, and that some content was cut(Sonic in the Christmas Night), but I'd hardly call that a terrible remake.

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, yea, I'd prefer them making a new game in the series or just another similar rail shooter. I'd tend to argue for all its flaws, a remake just doesn't make sense. :/ Having said all that, I'm glad they've shown interest in Panzer Dragoon at all.

Reactions: tbb043
D

Deleted User

It already was on Gamecube, I own the original on Dreamcast and I don't really understand what a remake would add to the experience
I own the GameCube version and I've played it many times.

Mainly wanting nicer, newer graphics, new game+ with carrying things over.

It sucks we see Fina in her pirate outfit for all of 2 seconds because that shit suited her so well.

And I've always held onto the hope of a sequel or even a prequel.

Reactions: Vorde

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this doesn't end like other SEGAAA! remakes, The Nights Into Dreams one was terrible.
Do you mean the Nights into Dreams PS3 re-release? That was just an HD port wasn't it? Or do you mean the one for the Wii? I think that was a straight up sequel.

Neat. I played through both on my chipped Sega Saturn not too long ago, and they're definitely games that could use a good visual upgrade, along with some gameplay modernization.

It's a massive shame they lost the source code to Saga though, that game is definitely one of the best Saturn games and definitely needs a remaster so more people can actually play it.
What kind of chipped Saturn do you have? A full blow ODE?

Last edited by BORTZ,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
What kind of chipped Saturn do you have? A full blow ODE?
Nah, I ain't no rich boy who can afford the ODE :sad:

I have a Phantom Universal modchip, it's almost entirely plug and play (just have to solder a wire for power), lets you play burned CD-Rs and such. Interestingly, I bought mine directly from the guy who made the chip for like $20, but it appears the forums where he had his store is shut down so all that's left to buy (that I can find) is the link I pasted for like 2x what I paid.

Reactions: andyhappypants

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over