SEGA of America and Atlus USA announce new COO and president

SEGA_ATLUS_LOGO.jpg

A year after SEGA of Europe hired their new president, Chris Bergstresser, SEGA of America has followed suit, and appointed a new COO and president. Ian Curran now fills both roles for the North American branch of the company, where he will also be serving on Atlus USA's board. This means he's the second in command, below CEO Tatsuyuki Miyazaki, and will be in charge of helping SEGA expand in the west.

My thanks and gratitude to Mr. Miyazaki and the entire company leadership for this opportunity to lead our operations and executions in the Americas and EMEA. I appreciate all of the incredible efforts Mr. Hiraoka has made to lay the groundwork for our operations in the Americas," said Ian Curran, COO and President, SEGA of America, who will lead Atlus U.S.A. later this year. "Coming off the success of Persona 5, Sonic Forces, Sonic Mania Plus, and the Yakuza series, and with so much more on the horizon, including Valkyria Chronicles 4, it is an incredible time to join the team. As part of the SEGA family, we are inheritors of an expansive body of work and opportunity which I plan to help reach its full potential.

To those who work in our offices, it is no secret that we have seen a surge of new staff as we explore new opportunities and titles for our audiences. Since relocating our offices from San Francisco to Irvine and Burbank, we have established an even stronger business with still more ample room for growth. As we grow, it becomes necessary for our business to expand its own leadership, incorporating new skills and ideas," said Miyazaki, CEO, SEGA West. "It is with great excitement we welcome Ian to the SEGA family in this new COO role and as President of SEGA of America, roles necessary for our burgeoning success in the Americas. In support of Ian's vision, senior management and I will work with him to ensure he has the support he needs to continue growing our business

We've been looking for someone to fill this role for some time, so we couldn't be more pleased to have Ian join our operations as COO and President of SEGA of America. His many years of experience in video game publishing, leading, developing and transforming organizations, is a perfect fit for our long-term aspirations and will be invaluable as we look to expand our business," said Naoto Hiraoka, CEO and President, Atlus U.S.A. Inc. and Senior Vice President, SEGA of America. "I look forward to working alongside Ian in our common goal to take our work in the Americas and EMEA to new heights as I prepare to focus on my new role

Curran's previous jobs include high ranking roles at THQ and Acclaim Entertainment. Both CEO Miyazaki and COO Curran are looking forward to achieving success in the west, following well received titles like Persona 5, Sonic Mania Plus, and the Yakuza series.

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Press Inbox

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Would post a lmgtfy link, but I am almost ready for my warning points to expire so I cant afford to get a shitpost point.
From google, it says chief operating officer.
YOU CAN TRY IT, i would like more a meme post instead a serious one, and i'm pretty sure mods here are pretty tolerant toward jokes

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
YOU CAN TRY IT, i would like more a meme post instead a serious one, and i'm pretty sure mods here are pretty tolerant toward jokes
No thanks, I have been carrying these points since 2015, time to get rid of them asap.
And I dont want an offtopic point either :/

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No thanks, I have been carrying these points since 2015, time to get rid of them asap.
And I dont want an offtopic point either :/
it's WEIRD cauz my warn points has no expiration date -__-!

Anyway i heard both Sega AND ATLUS broke up for unable to get some agreements about publishing NEW persona games.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Anyway i heard both Sega AND ATLUS broke up for unable to get some agreements about publishing NEW persona games.
They dont expire naturally, but the forum rules say you can appeal for them to be removed after 6 months to a year has passed from your last warning.
Once again, this isnt the time or place. Back on topic, or in a PM, thanks.

For a while now, I have seen that Sega games just dont seem to be doing well. I could just not be looking hard enough, but if it is true then I hope this will help them to grow more. It would be disappointing for them to disappear.

Last edited by Mnecraft368,

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I hope they're more open to bringing games to other platforms.

Would be nice to have a game like Persona 5 on the Switch (unless there's a licensing issues).

Reactions: NoNAND

nodnyl10

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe this COO is willing to go for a new console? Hmm what if SEGA did the unthinkable, secretly hifed Tom Kalinske, and then on E3 or whatever, he shows up and revealed SEGA is back with a new console?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States

If a year or two passes with no more incidents, you can kindly ask a mod or admin to remove a point. The worst they can say is no, and not getting any in between shows merit.

Wrathcaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe this COO is willing to go for a new console? Hmm what if SEGA did the unthinkable, secretly hifed Tom Kalinske, and then on E3 or whatever, he shows up and revealed SEGA is back with a new console?

Lol keep hoping and dreaming, I will too. With the current gen battles I am pretty sure Sega nowhere near has the funds to attempt to rejoin the market with a new console

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over