Sega: No plans to release "Phantasy Star Nova" in the West

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"So we won't be releasing Phantasy Star Nova in the west, we apologize. But, starting at the end of 2020, we'll be putting servers back up so you can play Phantasy Star Online on your Dreamcast!!!!!"

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
"So we won't be releasing Phantasy Star Nova in the west, we apologize. But, starting at the end of 2020, we'll be putting servers back up so you can play Phantasy Star Online on your Dreamcast!!!!!"

To be fair, I wouldn't be surprised if more people had a Dreamcast than a PSVita at this point in time. :tpi: Time to blow the dust off your Swirl Machines, people! :rofl:

Reactions: Skelletonike

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I was and while I wasn't talking about the people working for the company its the people who make those decisions that reflect onto the company. For example if I said so and so company hated gingers, that doesn't mean everyone hates gingers that would just be silly.

To be fair -- disliking someone on the basis of their skin colour or some such is a remarkably silly idea. Disliking someone (though I am debating whether gingers have the right to be rated as human) is a trait shared by all those that use logic.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think that "being xenophobic" is Sega's company policy, in fact I'm pretty sure it isn't. In this day and age, any form of racism or xenophobia is frowned upon, not to mention illegal. :)

Frowned upon, yes, illegal depends on the country and there is still xenophobia being practiced by Japanese companies although you don't see open xenophobia being practiced as much but it's still there.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Frowned upon, yes, illegal depends on the country and there is still xenophobia being practiced by Japanese companies although you don't see open xenophobia being practiced as much but it's still there.

Yeah, it's illegal, even if it's practiced by some people. Show me one civilized country where openly discriminating someone on the basis of their race or ethnicity is eh-o-kay in the eyes of the law. :rollseyes:

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's like working for The Galactic Empire(granted they're a government, but regardless) you don't have to be evil to work there but you darn well better know it won't reflect well onto your character to work for an evil government bent on galactic destruction.

Fuck Godwin's Law. You just invoked Tarkin's Law, son.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's illegal, even if it's practiced by some people. Show me one civilized country where openly discriminating someone on the basis of their race or ethnicity is eh-o-kay in the eyes of the law. :rollseyes:

Nice no true Scotsman argument. If a country allows racist practices, it's not civilized, so no one can name one.

Anyway, racism isn't illegal, acting on racism may be depending on how you go about it and where you live. (Not saying racism is right, just that you can't outlaw how someone feels no matter how dumb it is).

But I don't know how anything Sega is doing can be considered racist or even xenophobic, just what's best for business. They don't think a game will sell enough to make it worth the cost of localizing, so they aren't localizing. Whoopdeedoo. Sucks when it's a game you want to play (lack of DQ7 3DS localization is the one killing me) but it's not EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVIL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all