OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icon11.gif
Source
Well I am Hoping the avengers game will be good and overall the games based on movies from Marvel improve. I am not saying they are all bad but some aren't that great.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i don't see how that is interesting at all. disney bought marvel and disney started their own video game studio not long ago, of course they'll take over their franchise video games.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't see how that is interesting at all. disney bought marvel and disney started their own video game studio not long ago, of course they'll take over their franchise video games.

That's different. Disney bought Marvel comics, not Marvel as film properties.

For example, Sony owns Spiderman, Fox owns the Fantastic Four and X-Men, Disney Pictures owns the current Avengers film stuff (Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, etc), so on. These guys contact video game companies to do their tie ins for their films.

Currently though, Activision owns the rights to independent Marvel video games.

Rasas

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is true Disney Interactive hasn't made that many great games except in the early years but Epic Mickey despite the bad camera and you know what I can only think of three games. Besides Disney Universe and DDR I can't really think of any decent games made. I guess I don't really play or buy many movie based games.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is true Disney Interactive hasn't made that many great games except in the early years but Epic Mickey despite the bad camera and you know what I can only think of three games. Besides Disney Universe and DDR I can't really think of any decent games made. I guess I don't really play or buy many movie based games.

They mostly publish nowadays. Think of them as LucasArts. They're basically there to protect Disney as a video game property and not allow their franchises to be spread amok. It's why every Disney game is either published, co-published, or made by Disney Interactive.

But as I said before, Disney doesn't own the video game rights or movie rights to Marvel.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The one Avenger game they were working on (which was actually kind of like Borderlands. Seriously.) looked like it had a lot of promise... and then it was cancelled.

As for the other games, they weren't too well known for being quality experiences. Hopefully whatever new teams work with the properties end up doing a better job.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.