SEGA/Nintendo deal for Sonic includes next three titles

beta4attack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
650x.jpg

"Sonic the Hedgehog has proven incredibly successful on Nintendo platforms and we are pleased to continue our long-standing relationship with Nintendo," said John Cheng, President & COO, SEGA of America. "As we initiate this new exclusive partnership with the next three titles we believe that Wii U(TM) and Nintendo 3DS(TM) are ideal platforms to showcase the evolution of the Sonic brand."
Nintendo just announced a new Sonic game exclusively for the Wii U subtitled Lost World as one of their partnership deals, but it doesn't only stop there but the deal includes the three next Sonic titles. Those titles are yet to be announced, so Olympic games spin-off is not one of them. The details of the three new games will be revealed in the few coming weeks, so stay tuned.

EDIT: Looks like we were wrong, Sega confirmed that Lost World and Sochi Winter games are two of the three titles. The third is yet to be announced.

:arrow: Source:
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=202876

Do you think it's a positive thing for Nintendo/SEGA? Do you like this news? Discuss!

LegendAssassinF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I like to think of it this way....

No one wanted Bayonetta. No one wants Sonic.

Nintendo is the saving grace for both of them considering Nintendo is the only game company that cares about Video Games rather than trying to please the "Hardcore" gamers. I have a feeling Nintendo is going to want more games like Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations under their belt since both those games are amazing compared to the others that came out within the last 10 years.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If the new games will be like Colours (never played Generations), that'd be awesome. If they will suck again, no thanks. Can go either way, really.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Maybe, back a few years ago, when everything in my world was Sonic, this would have been a system seller for me. I'm happy though, Nintendo + Sonic usually means good stuff. (Colors)

ohsoroso

Turtle Neck Sweater.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With Colors and Generations being a pretty good start maybe Sonic could take off again I always like to look at the bright side soo I hope this is good!

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
But... the Wii U haz noe sails.
All jokes aside, I'm happy to hear that there will be new sonic games, but why Nintendo exclusive? Especially when the PC version of Generations did so well. Well, at least I can haz the 3DS ones.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As long as furries exist, sonic games will sell.
Just add new characters and everyone is pleased.
Adding new characters to the series all the time has been one of the major gripes the entire Sonic community had with SEGA and Sonic Team, I'll have you know.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God I hope its like the other sonic games. I liked sonic unleashed, not much of a fan of sonic generations though it was still good and colors was too slow.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm actually hoping for a Sonic & All stars racing sequel. That game wasn't just good...it was freakin' awesome.

But assuming it's about the platforming (or 3D platforming)...I don't think it's a bad strategy. There were some bad Sonic games, but the later ones weren't bad at all. And it's not like Mario didn't have a spotless history (Mario is missing, anyone?). And the decision clearly plays into the market nintendo is aiming for. No, it's not the hardcore gamers. But that doesn't make nostalgics and the youth less gamers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.