Sega: Nintendo Could Drop the Wii to $80

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly definitely can't see Nintendo doing this but a man can dream right? A studio director from SEGA has an idea of how Nintendo can save the Wii and make it fly off the shelves once again. It's simple! He believes that they can just drop down the price to 80 dollars and they will still make a lot of money!

QUOTE said:
I think the Wii is on its tail slide, unless they drop the price to like 80 bucks then you’ll start seeing it flying off the shelves. And I believe they’ll still make money if they drop it to 80 bucks…Point being is they have the ability to lower the price on the Wii [...] where Sony and Microsoft cannot do that.”

News Source: NintendoEverything

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nah, they wouldn't do that.
I once went into GameStop and looked at some sign.
"Wii for 150€!" I thought, what's the matter, it's still the same price as ever.
Then I mentioned that the price went down. Around 100€.
unsure.gif

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well since there's no chance in hell Nintendo will do such a thing(at least not for years to come), Their only option is to ditch the system and release a new one like a normal company would. Or they could try to breathe life into their dying system by making enhancements, attachments, & adapters for their dying system like a fitness board or a motion plus.

D

Deleted_171835

Hah. Nintendo won't do this.

Why lower the price when people will still buy it?

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
GameSoul said:
Nintendo lowers their prices only once in a blue moon. And why the hell would they listen to Sega?

I did find it amusing that SEGA is giving Nintendo advice on how to sell consoles.
tongue.gif

Just how well is the Wii still selling anyway? Haven't looked up any sales data in a long time.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Edhel said:
GameSoul said:
Nintendo lowers their prices only once in a blue moon. And why the hell would they listen to Sega?

I did find it amusing that SEGA is giving Nintendo advice on how to sell consoles.
tongue.gif

Just how well is the Wii still selling anyway? Haven't looked up any sales data in a long time.

nintendo tried saying that they were short on consoles for the holiday season....again.

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Edhel said:
GameSoul said:

tongue.gif

Xbox360 an PS3 are starting to rise more and more, where the Wii is only dropping. (When you look at the total graph, without counting christmas sales etc.)

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i ain't gonna buy one because i have one. and i definetely gonna mod it since the EU doesn't really have much games listed i really like -_-
they even left Phantom Brave out
frown.gif

that was reason enough for me to get it modded

RC89

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, try and ask Sega how they were doing at the console market years ago? Sega Dreamcast wasn't quiete a succes if i remember.

- But he's right that the wii' is dropping, but it wouldn't be solved just because they are changing the price once again. Its not the solution for everything nowadays.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamecube isnt at $80 at Gamestop its $100.
PS3 and 360 sales are incresing (i can't spell today sorry)
while the Wii is falling, Nintendo should look at what games goes on there systems and tell those designers to take a hike.
360 has some shovelware but those are part of the family games series.
i've seen some on the ps3 and i expect more when the motion controllers come out.
Also sega should be perfecting Sonic not making their rivals even more sucessful.

D

Deleted_171835

GameWinner said:
Gamecube isnt at $80 at Gamestop its $100.
PS3 and 360 sales are incresing (i can't spell today sorry)
while the Wii is falling, Nintendo should look at what games goes on there systems and tell those designers to take a hike.
360 has some shovelware but those are part of the family games series.
i've seen some on the ps3 and i expect more when the motion controllers come out.
Also sega should be perfecting Sonic not making their rivals even more sucessful.
Firefox spell check.

unsure.gif

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ninty won't do that, perhaps right before bringing out their new console ..2011?.. so everbody have to be patient:. also though the purchases are lowering they are still making profit. they don't have to be compared with sony and microsoft as long as their production - purchassing price rate isn't stable:.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RC89 said:
Well, try and ask Sega how they were doing at the console market years ago? Sega Dreamcast wasn't quiete a succes if i remember.

- But he's right that the wii' is dropping, but it wouldn't be solved just because they are changing the price once again. Its not the solution for everything nowadays.

The reason it's dropping is because everyone who wants a Wii...probably has one by now. And no, dropping the Wii by over half of the current price would be stupid. They'd lose far too much money on it. Besides. That'd make it even worse, considering how expensive WiiMotes are....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/uTiClR8keU4