1. Menzo1986

Menzo1986 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    i've looked this topic but i can't find your older post on that. now i got a problem with mine that the last 2 pages won't work. how can i fix this problem?

2. WD_Gaster

WD_Gaster Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
  3. fixingmytoys

fixingmytoys GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    pcb.jpg back.jpg front.jpg
    Thanks @WD_Gaster @asper like i said silly question knew it would be something simple, i had one in my box this whole time all working thanks

DarthDub, Hekel and WD_Gaster like this.
  4. Hekel

Hekel GBAtemp Regular

Switzerland
    fixingmytoys likes this.
  5. fixingmytoys

Australia
    Thanks @Hekel i redid the bloody USB mod like 6 times, thinking i had done it wrong checked and check with my muiltmeter thinking i did not want to ask another silly question again , glad i did , mind you i do love a bit of soldering have a look at my instagram if you like

https://www.instagram.com/fixingmytoys/

Hekel likes this.
  6. Hekel

Hekel GBAtemp Regular

Switzerland
    Haha interesting, i have myself 7 Arcade Cabs so i know how it is ;-). I like youre mvs mod well done.

fixingmytoys likes this.
  7. fixingmytoys

Australia
    thanks man did you check out my youtube link

Hekel likes this.
  8. fixingmytoys

Australia
    which Arcade Cabs do you have @Hekel

9. Menzo1986

Menzo1986 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    thnx, i've got it working before all the pages (probably some luck). i've tried to add a few more games and the last the pages wont work.
    So i tried to put it back to the way i got it before adding a bit more games. But with that one now also the last 2 pages wont work.

thnx for the link with the alternative interface. The only think i don't like is the anime wallpapers. But i can change them with image1. png, image2. png ?

10. Hekel

Hekel GBAtemp Regular

Switzerland
    House of dead 1
    House of dead 2
    Sega Crazy Taxi
    2x Sega Naomi Universal Cab
    Sega Rally Twin Edition
    Neo Geo MVS
    Sega Blast City Jamma
    Original Sega Sonic The Hedgehog machine

asper and fixingmytoys like this.
  11. fixingmytoys

Australia
    BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP so jelly

12. WD_Gaster

Newcomer

France
    correct. you can change them to whatever you want. 1280 x 720 png format. all that information is in the wiki. ;). feel free to create your own skin and share.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

@Hekel, try to load retroshield as launcher. in other words launch it on startup without running the atgames launcher first... wired controllers will not work. ;) feel free to confirm. their android build doesnt have drivers to deal with wired controllers directly.

@asper his cfw worked with wired controllers because it loads the atgames launcher for a few seconds before launching retroarch. call it a happy accident. I can try to do the same with my launcher but it seems rather messy when you do that.

Last edited by WD_Gaster, Jan 21, 2018
  13. Hekel

Hekel GBAtemp Regular

Switzerland
    @WD_Gaster so what does it means? Stop the original launcher from showing up and keep it running in the background.. thats exactly what i do with retroshield.. its easy to managed that. Kill the all-games.ini and the launcher wont show up. But there is also another workaround for this problem. Because you couldnt manage it This doesnt means its not possible ;-).

14. JackMonty

JackMonty Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I've read that the console is picky up to a max of eight pages cna stably be displayed. Have you removed everything and out all the files on from fresh? The whole process is described here: http://www.gniteproductions.com/projects/Flashback.html

Good Luck

15. WD_Gaster

Newcomer

France

Doing this makes the original launcher not work anymore though. kinda messy :S. Also how does this work for people with the OBB version of the app? the all-games.ini gets restored from it on every reboot. that wont work for them.

@Hekel i think you just gave me a great idea on how to possibly make this work.

Last edited by WD_Gaster, Jan 21, 2018
    Hekel likes this.
  16. Menzo1986

Menzo1986 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    yeah put it back to stock and removed the games folder.
    i got it working again after many tries. on the last try i did wait a bit longer before remove the connection with my pc.
    and now everything works fine.. all the pages. maybe the problem is that i pull out the usb from my laptop too fast.
    but that sounds kinda weird.

17. Clint13579

Clint13579 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    @Hekel how’s the launcher coming? Anxiously waiting your work.

Would be cool if it could go straight from the Sega load screen to the game selection without having to select the emu.

Hekel likes this.
  18. Excalibur007

Excalibur007 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Unfortunately, I didn't have as much time this weekend as I'd hoped, but I did get the wire soldered to my usb. :)

I have a couple of questions I hope someone can answer:

1) I followed the wiki guide on how to backup the Flashback system (all partitions). However, I don't see an explanation on how to use the RK Rom Dumper and Flasher to flash the backed up partitions back to the Flashback. The guide just says to do it if you mess up your system, but doesn't say "how". I haven't borked it up, but I'd like to know how in case I do.

2) While I do want to experiment with the generations dash, for the time being, I'm mostly interested in replacing the emulator for better compatibility with some games and perhaps better emulation. I've read throughout the thread that Picodrive is good for this, but can I just replace the emulator without installing another dash etc.?

3) If you backup a Flashback version that uses the obb file, AND you backup a newer one that does not, can you flash the firmware/partitions from the newer one to the obb one?... Other than the "user" partition, everything else appears to be the same type/size.

4) Slightly off-topic, but I'd REALLY like to know the answer to this. I've read in various places that the Atari Flashback HDs are running the same Android setup, (but the obb version). However, I bought both the Activision Edition and the Gold HD models and neither have a usb port. There are 5 holes that look like something could be soldered to, but I don't know what they're for or the pinout. Does anyone have knowledge on this? Does anyone know how people have been accessing their Atari Flashback HDs like these Genesis/Mega Drive ones?

19. asper

asper GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    A guide about restoring will arrive (hope) soon in the wiki; i am sorry for that but i am lacking time.

About atari fb the 5 "holes" can be (not sure) usb pins; i read something about in atgames forum iirc; if so you need to solder an usb port over them.

EDIT: I found what I saved days ago; if someone can do that "hardmod" and dump the system (and data) partition and share the dump I will be happy to study that system too:
    [​IMG]
    I do not remember who found that but all the kudos go to him !

Last edited by asper, Jan 22, 2018
    DarthDub likes this.
  20. fixingmytoys

Australia
    Hmmmm that is so do able wish I had one hmm I want to do it now lol

asper likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Megadrive, (Genesis), Flashback