JoyConG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/01/sega-urinal-games/
http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/sega-uri...ing-gonna-huge/

"Sega has announced that it’s testing consoles called “Toylets” in urinals around Tokyo. The novel hardware asks the user to strategically vary the strength and location of his urine stream to play a series of games.

For now, Sega has installed Toylets in four Tokyo metro locations, including Akihabara, Soga and Ikebukuro. The location test will run through Jan. 31.

Each urinal is installed with a pressure sensor. An LCD screen is mounted on the wall above, letting the gamer select from and play four different minigames. There’s “Mannekin Pis,” which simply measures how hard you can pee, and “Graffiti Eraser,” which lets you remove paint by pointing a hose in different directions.

There’s the faintly misogynistic “The Northern Wind, The Sun and Me,” where you play as the wind trying to blow a girl’s skirt up, and the harder you pee, the harder the wind blows.

Finally, the bizarre “Battle! Milk From Nose” is a multiplayer game where you compete against the person who last used the urinal. The strength of your urine streams are compared, and translated into milk spraying out of your nose. If your stream is stronger, your milk-stream knocks your opponent out of the ring. If you do particularly well on any of the games, you can download and save your information to a USB stick.

Of course, it’s not just about games. Between sessions, the Toylet will display ads, hoping that you’ll pay more attention to them than to a traditional ad, because the console also serves up the games. With the USB stick functionality, it’s entirely possible that personalized adverts are in the works, too.

The idea may have come from a concept served up by Yanko Design back in 2006, where a designer named Marcel Neundorfer positioned pressure plates on urinals. While other one-offs have followed, Toylets seems to be the first time that the concept has been considered as part of a larger, commercial roll-out"

Sega is breaking into the urinal gaming business in a big way. Stationed around select Metro Stations in Tokyo the "toylet" is being installed to provide at least 15 seconds of gaming enjoyment to train riders. How's this for a marketing slogan "You're Pee is the Controller" , I'm not gonna lie I'd play it. Hell I have been playing games in the bathroom for years. Classics like "Try to Keep it into the Bowl" , " How fast can you go without getting any on you" , and "Holy Crap I think I forgot to Pause My Game" have kept me occupied for years.

This is a very natural progression for the video game maker. The mini-game lineup includes

Manneken Pis: Where players are scored on how much liquid is captured by the urinal sensor.

Graffiti Eraser: How forceful your urine is will determine if it can clear away a graffiti inflicted wall.

The North Wind and Her: If you can keep it down, this requires players to hit a target, making a womans skirt rise.

Milk from the Nose: Players try to score the strongest and longest flow of urine.

Making it more personal you can insert your own flash drive into the urinal to collect your high scores. It's like a really dirty gameboy that other people have pee'd on. Yeehaw!

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
LOL, we were always making jokes about a 'Pleestation' (pronounced like 'Playstation', Dutch for 'Toiletstation')
And then it suddenly came on the news
tongue.gif

We have these things in the Netherlands too so it's not only Japan
smile.gif

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Wtf man, I don't wanna burst my penis nor pee blood just because I try peeing extra hard. Crazy Japanese people and their insane ideas.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SEGA, always the first to innovation and never credited for it.
Like 3D fighting games and Internet gaming consoles and disc based consoles and console add-ons that cost too much augh
But now, pee games!
Nintendo Sony and Microsoft are gonna have to catch up!
Still messing around with motion controlls eh? HA!
So last year.

Can't wait to see the "Pee to make sonic run" game. xD
It'll still suck though. :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu