Sega Genesis/Mega Drive Mini delayed to 2019

IMG_1504.JPG

Earlier this year, we saw SEGA announce the Mega Drive/Genesis Mini console, which would feature retro games built in. Originally, this was set to only launch in Japan, but due to demand, SEGA is delaying the mini throwback system in order to be able to release it worldwide. A re-design of the current hardware is also being looked into, with some extra staff being hired on to the project. The new release window has been pushed back to 2019, but now there will be a simultaneous launch in Japan, Europe, and North America.

:arrow: Source

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This is cool and all, but Sega has a million different Genesis systems on the market already (good or bad, they are there.) Why not make something new like Saturn mini or a Dreamcast mini? Those would be really worth buying because both of them are a bitch to emulate.

RattletraPM

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is cool and all, but Sega has a million different Genesis systems on the market already (good or bad, they are there.) Why not make something new like Saturn mini or a Dreamcast mini? Those would be really worth buying because both of them are a bitch to emulate.
I don't like mini systems overall and I also own a real Dreamcast, but a DC Mini would be sweet as hell.
The main reason it'll probably never be done is because most of its games have already been ported to other systems tho =/

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Not a huge loss

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't like mini systems overall and I also own a real Dreamcast, but a DC Mini would be sweet as hell.
The main reason it'll probably never be done is because most of its games have already been ported to other systems tho =/
I'm sure subj have all its games availble somewhere else as well

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This thing will flop, because SEGA yet has to learn that AtGames makes terrible plug-&-play consoles. In fact, when it was announced, the post saying this got deleted.
There's still hope they ditched ATGames and that's causing the delay.

D

Deleted User

This thing will flop, because SEGA yet has to learn that AtGames makes terrible plug-&-play consoles. In fact, when it was announced, the post saying this got deleted.
But, from the looks of it, AtGames won't be having a hand in this system's production. This Mini attempt looks like it's being developed in-house, which I assume will be of higher quality than what AtGames did. However, this is SEGA we're talking about, so you never know.

Last edited by ,

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users