Hacking Sega Genesis/CD emulator for DSTWO?

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
...I would use the dslinux on my ds2 to use the genesis emulator if it wasnt such a pain to set up in english and function properly...

I figured out how to auto-boot a specific game/emu on ds2linux by editing the 'main' file in the sbin folder=D
The drawback is that by using this method you can only have one Dingux game/emu at a time on your dstwo.

So, here it is, auto-boot Dingux PicoDrive. Just add the contents of the download to the root of your card. Boot the Pico_Linux.plg and the emulator will launch. I use BAGPlug, but if you use official EOS then you'll need to make an .ini for the plugin.
Tested it out on my card and it works fine, but I feel obligated to say Use at your own risk.

download.gif
DS2-Dingux_PicoDrive
start+L = zoom/scaled
start+D-pad = adjust zoomed view
start+R = reset to main menu
select = emulator menu

i also did the same thing with the eDuke32 for DSTwo Dingux =)

Last edited by VatoLoco,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I figured out how to auto-boot a specific game/emu on ds2linux by editing the 'main' file in the sbin folder=D
The drawback is that by using this method you can only have one Dingux game/emu at a time on your dstwo.

So, here it is, auto-boot Dingux PicoDrive. Just add the contents of the download to the root of your card. Boot the Pico_Linux.plg and the emulator will launch. I use BAGPlug, but if you use official EOS then you'll need to make an .ini for the plugin.
Tested it out on my card and it works fine, but I feel obligated to say Use at your own risk.

download.gif
DS2-Dingux_PicoDrive
start+L = zoom/scaled
select = emulator menu

i also did the same thing with the Dingux Duke3d =) I'll upload that one soon.
What's the speed like though?

uberpubert69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

download.gif
DS2-Dingux_PicoDrive
start+L = zoom/scaled
select = emulator menu

i also did the same thing with the Dingux Duke3d =) I'll upload that one soon.
Thanks man, I really appreciate it, I'll give it a try later on in the day. I use BAGplug too.

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody else getting extremely buggy menus with Picodrive?

When I press Select and try to change the game options the directional keys swap places whenever they want to.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Anybody else getting extremely buggy menus with Picodrive?

When I press Select and try to change the game options the directional keys swap places whenever they want to.

yes, me too. bigtime. the button selection doesnt respond correctly, so trying to change the settings is indeed a bugger. havent tried myself, but there may be better luck using a pc to edit the config.

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thx, it seems to be cool, I'm gonna try this, do I need to convert wav to mp3 files or musics doesn't work on nds?

edit : Just finish to test it and wow, it's great, i'm gonna try to get some some space and maybe some speed by compressing a little bit more the mp3's, now it's at 128 kbps, i'm gonna see how does it work at 32 kbps.

Last edited by Indy13,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...