SEGA derailed their own hype train. Forever?

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by H1B1Esquire, Jun 22, 2017.

1. H1B1Esquire
    OP

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    [​IMG]

Apparently, the folks at SEGA were such greedy, glory-hogging bastards, they chose to use Unity over Retroacrh because they (SEGA) didn't want to give proper credits to libretro and essentially strip them of their code. SEGA had a defense of using Unity so it can be ported.

The problem with this is, the hype train became a train wreck. If people don't like your initial offering, how could they want the port? Life lesson™ #8: while learning from past mistakes, don't make a mistake that's worse than your previous mistake that will ruin your ability to improve yourself. In example, "I think the fire is hot, so I'm going to touch it. The fire burned me, but molten lead must be safer to touch, right? Nope, my hand is ruined and now I'm known as T-1000."

[​IMG]

All-in-all, hopefully SEGA can get this ported and optimized to consoles immediately. Even if they have to take a loss of 40%, it'll be better than a free* twisted, burning catastrophe of my youth.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...sic-games-on-mobile-for-free-but-at-what-cost

*A very deserved one-time fee of $1.99 that you'll be kicking yourself in the ass for.
    ------------
    In a great turn of events, for the first time, the cereal of a video game may be better than the game service it was based on. Milk is bad for you, even if it's bestmilk.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by H1B1Esquire, Jun 22, 2017
    XxShalevElimelechxX likes this.
  2. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    lmao.
    Insane trainwreck indeed.

3. Chary

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    They just need to stick to PC. Pls.

4. Dionicio3

Dionicio3 Some Cool Skiddo

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
    this @Seriel is hot

5. H1B1Esquire
    OP

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    If they weren't so hellbent on taking all the credit, they would actually have something decent instead of taking all the blame "Forever". I could definitely see this working on consoles: have build-a-bundles consisting of 10 games (17.99), 7 games (13.99), 5 games (9.99), 3 games (6.99), and 1 game (2.99) mixed between Genesis and Game Gear, with new releases of 30 Genesis games and 10 Game Gear games every five weeks.

After two cycles of Gens/GG, start 32X, CD, and Saturn releases with ten titles per console every four weeks, while still running a five-week Gens/GG release cycle. Same price and add can be mixed with Gens/GG.

Finally, a separate Dreamcast and arcade classics offering consisting of five DC titles and eight AC titles, but have DC releases set to: 5 games (14.99), 3 games (9.99), 2 games (7.99), 1 game (4.99); AC 4 games (5.99), 2 games (2.99), 1 game (1.99) with new titles added every six weeks after four cycles of Gens/GG releases. Cannot be mixed with Gens, GG, CD, or SAT, but offer a 15% discount on a Gens, GG, 32X, CD, and/or SAT build-a-bundle if you buy all five DC and all eight AC titles.

Although, I guess proper emulation needs to be a first, then SEGA can take a look at how Nintendo does VC and offer digital manuals, but give buyers the ability to switch between regions for alternate box arts. And I guess throw in JP-only games so people can play that Samurai Souls RPG......that...somehow never got translated.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  6. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    PSO2 West wen?

7. H1B1Esquire
    OP

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    I think that was a PS4 release? So probably never. Would be a good cross-play (Switch, Xbox) if FF XIV falls through.