Sega Confirms Dreamcast Collection for PS3.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
dreamcast-logo.jpg

QUOTE said:
Back in November, a listing briefly showed up on GameStop for something called the "Dreamcast Collection," raising speculation that a disc-based compellation of classic Dreamcast games would soon be hitting retail shelves. And now it's official: In the latest issue of Game Informer, Sega's executive vice president of sales and marketing Alan Pritchard confirms the collection is coming. Unfortunately, he doesn't say what games will be collected.

"The Dreamcast fans are very devoted. You see on eBay people are still buying the games and system," Pritchard began. "We actually have a Dreamcast collection coming out soon. We are looking to bring some of the old Dreamcast games to market digitally and packaged. The titles are still to be announced. The Ultimate Genesis Collection did huge numbers on PS3 and 360, so it's an important part of our business. We've already been releasing some Dreamcast games digitally; Crazy Taxi [for one]."

Indeed, along with Crazy Taxi, Sega has also already rereleased Sonic Adventure, and they plan on rereleasing Space Channel 5 Part 2 and Sega Bass Fishing early next year. Will all four games make up this Dreamcast Collection for a retail release, or can we hope to see yet more Dreamcast titles rereleased? Looks like we'll find out whenever Sega is ready to say.

The GameStop listing pegged the Dreamcast Collection's release for February 15, but as you can see, Pritchard didn't confirm that part, either.

No Dreamcast 2, but this seems pretty awesome. Now all we need is a HD remake of some of the games (Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi, etc.)

Source: 1up

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue.

Just add a wait function and I will happily buy a ps3 and this collection

EDIT: and if it sells well, maybe we'll finally get Shenmue 3!

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue, Shenmue.

Just add a wait function and I will happily buy a ps3 and this collection

EDIT: and if it sells well, maybe we'll finally get Shenmue 3!

I was just about to say Shenmue 3

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yay!!! DC was one of my favorite systems. I love crazy taxi, soinc, mvc2, capcom vs snk, nfl blitz 2000. Man were those games fun.

raybattousai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope to god that the version of Crazy Taxi they recently released on the Live marketplace does not get put on this collection. Sega was to lazy to get the rights to all the original music so it's a bunch of shitty new bands. No Offspring and Bad Religion, No buy!!!
angry.gif

YA YA YA YA YA!!!!!!!!!

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Jolan said:
but I don't want to pirate those games.

Buy them and rip the disks?

(or play them on the emulator through the disk? I'm pretty sure playstation emulators can do that, so Dreamcast ones should be able to as well)

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
Jolan said:
but I don't want to pirate those games.

Buy them and rip the disks?

(or play them on the emulator through the disk? I'm pretty sure playstation emulators can do that, so Dreamcast ones should be able to as well)

nope, dreamcast used a special fotrmat called gd-rom, which a pc cant read by itself, isos and cd rips work though

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah Crazy Taxi on Live is a waste of space imo - missing music and adding nothing... and Sonic Adventure? Yeah it were pretty good when it was released, but good grief it's far too old fashioned now! Try playing it after a go of Sonic Colours for example - just not worth the effort!

Dreamcast was great in its day - I still have fond memories, but these lazy rehashes aren't worth the time whatsoever! Now, like has been said, if they did a Saturn collection.......
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't have a PS3, but fortunately i STILL have a DC hooked to my PC monitor with a VGA cable and it looks and plays flawlessly.
No need for this, I still have almost every game ever released in the USA and Japan.
But I wish they would put this on the Wii, so I could play it from the couch !
By the way, I love my Dreamcast.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: downloading a couple of puyo puyo ds games