SEGA announces a new console

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It is not the first new "console/handheld"SEGA made since they abandoned the Dreamcast. They have so many different models of these Genesis-games, that can be directly played without cartridges. Here just one example:

http://www.amazon.de/Konsole-Spielen-Sonic..._pr_product_top

There is for example also just a controller, that you plug into your tv and you can immediately play Sonic 1-3. I think something like that is for little children pretty good and very common.

And to those who say, that you can buy a collection for PS360 or Wii: You need the console first!!! (I know: Mr. Obvious)

deanxxczx said:
Giga_Gaia said:
Wait, are they serious? Why haven't they understood that everything they touch turns to ****.

The dreamcast was an epic failure and they haven't even made a good Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 2. Hell, they can't even port a game like Bayonetta.

Seriously, why can't they just die already, the gaming community may be better without them.
Go back to your cave.
First of all the Dreamcast was the only reason Sega is still around and healthy. I`m not going to prove this, since everybody can do a little research on their own before given some stupid statement.

On your biased Sonic-comment I don`t even want to say anything. That`s dedicated to many in these deformed Sega-threads, that for some reason end up being discussion about Sonic. Stay on Topic... (any Moderate around...)

On your Bayonetta Statement: Be grateful that Sega has given you the chance to play such a game, because if it wasn`t for Sega there would just be a X360-version. And as far as I can see the PS3-version is not that inferior to the 360-version as you make us believe here (I haven`t played it but: 360: 89.84%; PS3: 86.19%; Source: Gamerankings.com).

And that`s what Gabe Newell from Valve said about the PS3: "The PC and the 360 are just more straightforward. We can focus on what we want to do, which is make game experiences, instead of sweating bullets over obscure architectural decisions they make with their platform. [...] I didn’t come into this business in the 90s because of some technical fetish. I came in because I wanted to give people experiences that made them have fun."

Not that I don`t like the PS3 but I guess it is not as easy as you might think to port a game over from 360 to PS3...

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd rather a Dreamcast 2.
ninja.gif

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A late 4th gen console would've been nice. But I guess you'd need Money to do that and Sega hasn't been getting too much of that with the release of their latest games.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
lol this isn't a console it's just 1 of them old type consoles with built in games 50 to be exact. no more games will ever be added to it though notice there's no disc slot etc? btw this isn't the 1st time sega have released 1 of these they released something similar before which also had genesis games on it.
tongue.gif

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Bladexdsl said:
lol this isn't a console it's just 1 of them old type consoles with built in games 50 to be exact. no more games will ever be added to it though notice there's no disc slot etc? btw this isn't the 1st time sega have released 1 of these they released something similar before which also had genesis games on it.
tongue.gif

You contradicted your self on the same sentence..

QUOTEOn your Bayonetta Statement: Be grateful that Sega has given you the chance to play such a game, because if it wasn`t for Sega there would just be a X360-version. And as far as I can see the PS3-version is not that inferior to the 360-version as you make us believe here (I haven`t played it but: 360: 89.84%; PS3: 86.19%; Source: Gamerankings.com).

GameRankings is a terrible way to compare which version has the better multiplat, as is Metacritic.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
sega is even a provider for my favorite rpg. Phantasy Star.
and a provider of my favorite following games:
Sonic
Phantasy Star
Sands of Destruction
Bleach (Anime and Games)
Bayonetta (I Want it!)
Michael Jackson's Moonwalker!

heck if i didn't played these games who would i be ?
smile.gif

Sonic Adventure was way to awesome for that fact. if you didn't like it i don't give a bull about it.
if sega didn't exist where would bleach be ? (Pwned)

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Disappointment of the day... I read this earlier today. It would be nice if Sega tried to release a console early in the generation again. I don't see Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo releasing a console anytime soon (or announcing it for that matter). It would be great if Sega came along with some awesome console with lots of great titles.

But that's probably never going to happen...

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see this as nothing more than a novelty. I've walked through Toys'R'Us a time or two, I've seen dozens of units just like this for sale. There's those ones that are shaped like an old Atari 2600 joystick controller. They had 20-50 or so games on them also. I saw one vaguely shaped like an NES controller that played NES games before....I saw another that was essentially what the Sonic Classics DS game is going to be, except it hooked up to your TV. There were also lots of very generic ones that had a bunch of crap games and their "number of games" was nothing more than adding every difficulty as a new game. There were lots of them. Like I said, a novelty.

This is just a me-too product to those kinds of devices....although if what I heard....something about it playing old Genesis carts....that could be useful for people who have a lot of old Genesis games, but their console doesn't work anymore.

Still, if you're reading this now, you have better ways of playing ALL the games that those novelty systems offer at your finger tips.
smileipb2.png

Nothing to get excited about.....move along.

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i think it is just the known measure of sega on a new level. it might be a sign that their trademarks aren't profitable anymore amd they aren't creative enough to create new ones. after they brought out a lot, no, really masses of games collections they go now one step further and don't release just cd's or dvd's full of recycled games anymore but rather stationary consoles full of these and a peripheral that looks like a wiimote to make it all look more atractive to the purchasers.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the Zone 40. Its a Wii clone sold in drugstores in the US. Its just been re-released with licensed sega games. lol, it even has a catridge port. Just another licensed firecore console. Nothing to see here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Doesn't GBAtemp consist of those types of newcomers? :unsure: