Gaming Sega and Ubisoft can't compete against Smash in November

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Here are the three release dates of Wii U games for November:

Super Smash Bros. - November 21, 2014 (supposedly this is the official date but Nintendo confirmed it's out within winter)
Sonic Boom - November 21, 2014
Watch Dogs - November 18, 2014

This just doesn't make any sense because Sonic Boom and Watch Dogs will be left in the dust due to Super Smash Bros. being the number one most anticipated and highly wanted game for the Wii U during that time (I'm assuming it'll be hard to get a copy of the game around that time unless pre-ordered).

I'll admit that I'm a fan of Sonic but I have zero interest in playing Sonic Boom and Watch Dogs? Oh sure it'll be good to have a GTA-clone on a Nintendo console but no one will give a rats ass about WD in November (or Smash-vember!).

c9qw6Wv.jpg
It's going to retail for $99 in US and £60 in UK (good deal considering game's £30, adapter £20's and controller's £10)​

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Agreed that it sounds strategically retarded...

Sega and Ubisoft should plan those releases to the end of october, or the very beginning of november (...and actually, they should increase ads about the games at the beginning of December, with maybe a small cut in price for the holidays).

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I disagree with this topic. Sure, sega and ubisoft would've liked smash bros to be released sooner, but the start of the Christmas period is so important that it's important to release your game then even if better games are being released.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
-Watch Dogs releases the same time as Smash Bros.
-Smash Bros. completely overwhelms Watch Dogs because Watch Dogs is an over-priced port of a game that launched on every other console 6 months beforehand with no additional features and the removal of DLC.
-Ubisoft throws a bitch fit because "our games don't sell on Nintendo consoles".

oh yeah forgot to mention usa gets to enjoy smash bros a month before us YET Again we don't get it till dec 31st. so Pretty much January we get it 2 months... :glare:

You're basing that off of a non-affiliated store's tentative release date? Chill the firetruck out.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic Boom has had dismal previews since it came out. Also who cares about Sonic any more, let alone a game based off a TV series exclusively on a failing console.

Watch Dogs is a bad port of a game that came out several months ago and was already met with disappointment. It was entirely going on hype and pre-orders and it was realized to be laughably bad when it actually came out. The hype didn't carry over.

So no shit, I don't even see the point in this thread. Title might as well be "Nintendo games typically do better than other games on Nintendo consoles".

Reactions: vayanui8

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sonic Boom has had dismal previews since it came out. Also who cares about Sonic any more, let alone a game based off a TV series exclusively on a failing console.

Watch Dogs is a bad port of a game that came out several months ago and was already met with disappointment. It was entirely going on hype and pre-orders and it was realized to be laughably bad when it actually came out. The hype didn't carry over.

So no shit, I don't even see the point in this thread. Title might as well be "Nintendo games typically do better than other games on Nintendo consoles".

Plus Watch Dogs on Wii U won't have the DLC that every version of the game has/gonna get.
The Wii U port is just a joke, a very bad one.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
There isn't an official release date yet so don't act like November 21st is right.
Smash Bros is the only one out of those 3 that I would see people pre-ordering, so while they all come out on the same day, people will get them at different times.
The only way that sonic boom and watch_dogs are getting any sales is by clueless parents buying them as gifts because they're popular (sonic is fairly well known and there are plenty of ads for watch_dogs)

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Ubisoft guy #1: When should we release Watch dogs for wii-u?
Ubisoft guy #2: Well we already delayed it 3 times on wii-u and screwed nintendo fans by releasing every other version first. We also know that people didnt like the game and noone will buy the wii-u version. How do we take advantage of that so it doesnt seem like its our fault?
Ubisoft guy #1: We could release it at the same time as smash brothers, then when it doesnt sell. We can claim that it was because of the more popular game?
Ubisoft guy #2: Thats brilliant!! Why didnt i think of that?

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
its not like watch dogs will only be on sale during november... once people are done with smash, it will still be there for everyone to buy and all...
also, dont hate on sonic boom until you tried it, jeez.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Honestly don't get the hate Ubisoft receive from Nintendo fans over the WD delay. Even if it was released at the same time as the other version, it was always going to bomb. I can't blame Ubisoft for making the relevent business decisions i.e. delaying the Wii U version and not realsing the dlc for it. At the end of the day, Wii U owners just don't buy gaems.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
its not like watch dogs will only be on sale during november... once people are done with smash, it will still be there for everyone to buy and all...
also, dont hate on sonic boom until you tried it, jeez.

Smash is going to last for months to come so it's a never-ending game as long as you play it online against others.

It'll be even better with the GameCube controller! Wohoo!

Honestly don't get the hate Ubisoft receive from Nintendo fans over the WD delay. Even if it was released at the same time as the other version, it was always going to bomb. I can't blame Ubisoft for making the relevent business decisions i.e. delaying the Wii U version and not realsing the dlc for it. At the end of the day, Wii U owners just don't buy gaems.

They could just say that they wouldn't release it for the Wii U 'cause no one expected it either anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.