SEGA, again, reiterates that it wants to release more ports of Atlus titles, including remakes

persona-4-golden-11-09-20-1.jpg

If you hadn't heard it the first five times that SEGA has said this in the past year, the company has once again reiterated its future plans in regards to Atlus. Following the success of Persona 4 Golden being brought to Steam earlier this year, SEGA has stated that it wishes to bring other Atlus titles to new platforms. The latest update on the situation comes from SEGA's recent financial briefing, in which CEO Haruki Satomi said the following:

As for Steam, while we hadn't been actively releasing Atlus titles on PC, we felt that there was much potential there, and put out a direct port of Persona 4 Golden for PC, and the user response was far beyond our expectation. That being said, we hope to release Atlus catalog titles across various platforms, whether as direct ports or in the form of remasters or remakes.

Throughout 2020, SEGA has ported Catherine: Full Body to the Nintendo Switch, Persona 4 Golden to Steam, and has announced an HD remaster for Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne, which is planned for release on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 early next year.

:arrow: Source (translation courtesy of Gematsu)

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Then go ahead and do it instead of saying you wanna do it every two months, goddammit.
I'm assuming they're working on it, and it's development times that are getting in the way, but they really do need to understand that the market is there, and they don't have to reassure them on a monthly basis.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tbh I feel like there mindset they have is the whole reason the persona series as example has been a pseudo playstation exclusive...how it is shocking to them that it is actually successful on other platforms I will never understand

tyrantnyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully they'll do something with the Growlanser games at some point. Wayfarer of Time was one of my first Atlus games, along with Persona 2 Innocent Sin, and I've loved them since.

Reactions: GuyInDogSuit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn