Homebrew Sega 3D Fukkoku Archives 2 - Any region lock workarounds for this?

SG6000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Bit of a long shot but I'm just wondering if anyone might know if Sega 3D Fukkoku Archives is playable on a non-Japan 3DS?

The first retail compilation of the Sega 3D reprints contained a couple of bonus 3D Master System ports..but it was one of the few games that apparently didn't work nicely with region free solutions. It might have been more playable with Hans but I don't think was 100% confirmed..

Now the newly released second volume is out and it contains lots more bonus content - including an arcade-superior 3D Power Drift - and I think an import is needed..

Reactions: yuyuyup

SG6000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately I don't own either cartridge but was hesitant to import Vol 2 before confirmation that a region-free solution existed.

Dumping the cart and region-freeing the rom sounds intriguing / worth investigating but knowing that Volume 1 had some kind of unique, (almost) homebrew-repellent architecture doesn't bode too well, I guess.

Maybe the question itself is a bit premature. It's only been out for a week, after all..

ootnes2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Parts of the first one work with region free or hans, don't know about the second one. Anything specific you want tested?

Reactions: SG6000

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately I don't own either cartridge but was hesitant to import Vol 2 before confirmation that a region-free solution existed.

Dumping the cart and region-freeing the rom sounds intriguing / worth investigating but knowing that Volume 1 had some kind of unique, (almost) homebrew-repellent architecture doesn't bode too well, I guess.

Maybe the question itself is a bit premature. It's only been out for a week, after all..
I'm waiting for some word on the new/second one's protection too. Can't find any discussion of it. The ROM seems to be scene dumped and on Usenet but it hasn't made its way to the normal person internet yet.

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hans just gives me a small green pixel bottom left and a red touch screen. I tried dumping it with braindump and same thing. (Or is there a alternative to dump the romfs)?

ootnes2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First one can be dumped and the roms extracted, but some appear modified

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sheimi are you talking about the first one or the second one?

SG6000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Parts of the first one work with region free or hans, don't know about the second one. Anything specific you want tested?

Access to the Master System ports of 3D Out Run and 3D Space Harrier would be the main thing, although (Arcade) 3D Space Harrier and Fantasy Zone 2 received improvements it would be nice to enjoy too..

ootnes2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Space harrier works, the other two don't (but maybe there's a fix out there). Outrun seems to work on a genesis emulator, haven't tried fantasy zone.

FWIW Fantasy zone also doesn't appear to work using hans on a J N3DS with language and region set to J.

Last edited by ootnes2,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended