Hacking Seem to have Banner Bricked a Wii. Any advice to fix?

Drkirby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I was helping a friend install a few of his games to load off a USB drive and have the channels on the front, and installing the channel for A boy and his blob seemed to of caused a banner brick. So far, I have had no luck getting the system up and running. I have taken apart a gamecube controller and gotten it into the recovery menu thing, and the system seems to be running 4.1(U) on it right now, anything I can do without installing a modchip or sending it to Nintendo? System doesn't seem to have Bootmii or any preloader, and I think it only has only been customized enough to run a USB Loader.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
its been public knowledge that a boy and his blob channels cause banner brick (not banner bomb, lol, thats something different). In fact, CRAP even blocks you from making a channel for this game, so I'm guessing u used loadstructor.

I can't seem to find the topic, but there was a new brick-fixing thread that gets you to auto-boot a bunch of different games using the savemiifrii method until you fill up your wii's memory, once u do that, it will take u right to the data management page where u can delete the bad channel. I can't remember the details of how to do this, or what games have the largest save files, but if u search hard enough, u should find it (no guarantee this will work for u, I'm working from memory here)

if u have a nand dump, this can be fixed using an infectus, I would recommend sending your wii to DeadlyFoez to fix it for you if you have a nand backup

Drkirby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No nand dump. Tried tossing in an old game while in the recovery menu, the firmware version vanishes but it just stays as a black screen.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
okay, we're straying from my area of expertise, so any1 more knowledgeable, this would be a great time to step in
biggrin.gif

I think you're stuck with having to send it to nintendo... what guide did u use to hack your wii in the first place? If u used a good guide, u wouldn't be in this mess (u'd have a nand backup and probably priiloader too)

edit: DeadlyFoez is the expert at brickfixing involving hardware, listen to him!

@DeadlyFoez, the SDDM thread was the one I was trying to describe above
biggrin.gif
Glad one of us remembers where to find it. Team "XFlak n' Foez" strikes again
biggrin.gif
(or do u prefer "Deadly Flak") lol

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have your system ios patched, it is an easy fix

If you have ios36 patched, it is a somewhat easy fix

If don#t have any patched ios, you have to fill nand with ssdm

Anything will require a modchip supporting autoboot

Also, how did you upgrade to 4.1? If you went from 3.x to 4.x with waninkoko's updater, you could possibly install Indiana PWNS.

So your wii is definitely fixable, to bad you don#t have priiloader installed- sure would have made your life easier.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
lol, hilarious!! I normally don't laugh at your mom jokes, especially ones directed at me, lol, but that was funny!

seriously man, I'm glad I met u, u are awesome

btw, the OP says he doesn't have priiloader, but its still worth double checking

ps. don't think that your mom is off the hook
wink.gif

leondmsmith

Trophies
XP
Country
if he had bootmii boot2 can he not boot to hbc from inside bootmii and uninstall using a wad manager or ATD?

he said he had no nand dump but that dont mean bootmii aint installed, maybe he just dont have files on his SD card - i dunno its late!

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
leondmsmith said:
if he had bootmii boot2 can he not boot to hbc from inside bootmii and uninstall using a wad manager or ATD?

he said he had no nand dump but that dont mean bootmii aint installed, maybe he just dont have files on his SD card - i dunno its late!
Quote from first post
QUOTE(Drkirby @ May 11 2010, 10:01 PM) ...System doesn't seem to have Bootmii or any preloader...

Drkirby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, looking around, I have located an old drivechip. I think it was a Yaosm, and if I remember correctly this had a Beta? version of 3.0 of its software. So now for a few questions.

1) If I installed it, what would I do to fix the system then?
2) How can I tell if it can even be installed. The system has been repaired once before when its drive failed, so I am not sure if the serial number would still match up with the drive type the drive chip is meant for.

I have been trying to boot a Universal Unbrick disc, but I am guessing the software to boot it was never installed. I know the system has a few IOSes to boot games from the USB loader, and if anything was needed to get a Homebrew Chanel installed.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Godson777

yo waddup
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This should help your banner bricked wii.

First turn your wii on.
DO NOT PRESS "A"
Press the "-" and "+" buttons at the same time to go to maintenance mode.
From there you can go to the settings and delete the channel.

That should do it...
If you can't get onto maintenance mode... then idk...

Godson777

yo waddup
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
Godson777 said:
This should help your banner bricked wii.

First turn your wii on.
DO NOT PRESS "A"
Press the "-" and "+" buttons at the same time to go to maintenance mode.
From there you can go to the settings and delete the channel.

That should do it...
If you can't get onto maintenance mode... then idk...
That is only helpful if you got a mail brick, otherwise if it is a banner brick then doing as you said will not let the person into the system menu.
oh.... Yeah... I forgot about that... sry...

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
XFlak said:
jealous Burton?

Maybe I should make u and DeadlyFoez fight to the death to see who deserves my friendship more! Muahahahaha!

jks jks

Speaking of which, I dont even have you added to my facebook.

Deadlyfoez haven't added u to his facebook friend list? That's unforgivable
closedeyes.gif
Me on other side I have already added u to the trailer vacation reservation list.
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: hoi