Seeing old Apogee games on the DS anytime soon?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by AaronMT, Nov 4, 2007.

1. AaronMT
    OP

AaronMT Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2006
    Canada
    Will we be seeing any old Apogee sidescroller games emulated on the Nintendo DS anytime soon?

I know there is a port for Wolfenstein 3D because the source code was released, has the source code for some of Apogee's old games been released too?

I'd love to see the original Duke Nukem/Commander Keen games emulated on the DS.

- Aaron

2. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    There are some source codes available for some of the games, its just waiting for someone to have the incentive to do it. There is also Rise of the Triad and Duke Nukem 3D which run well on the DS, they should be in the Downloads bit of this forum if you are interested.

I'd like to see some Keen or platforming Duke Nukem or ANY Apogee or Epic Megagames ported to the DS, if I had the will and knowledge I'd do it myself but... I can't.

EDIT: I know that Keen has had its source code released as it was ported to the PSP.

3. hankchill

hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Nov 5, 2005
    Canada
    Outer Space
    That would be fun [​IMG]

Commander Keen and Hocus Pocus ftw [​IMG]

4. Magnifico

Magnifico GBAtemp Regular

Jul 10, 2007
    United States
    really? awesome! last i had checked the distributor was still selling and charging an obscene amount for the games. like $100 for the collection.

5. zombielove

zombielove GBAtemp Regular

Jun 3, 2007
    Crystal Caves plz

6. War

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    I second Crystal Caves D: