Hacking Question Seeing if I am banned on low firmware

dalekman9999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, Im trying to find out if my system is banned or not, But since its on 2.1.0 firmware I cant log into an account etc to see if its banned, was wondering if theres any other way to check, or if i should just update my switch at this point, thanks!

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Hey, Im trying to find out if my system is banned or not, But since its on 2.1.0 firmware I cant log into an account etc to see if its banned, was wondering if theres any other way to check, or if i should just update my switch at this point, thanks!

Yeah! You guessed it right! You'll have to update to find out.
But just so you know, there are reports that people have been banned solely for using homebrew. So if you have been doing it and care about online services your best bet is to wait for a way to clear/block all logs being sent to Nintendo.

dalekman9999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah! You guessed it right! You'll have to update to find out.
But just so you know, there are reports that people have been banned solely for using homebrew. So if you have been doing it and care about online services your best bet is to wait for a way to clear/block all logs being sent to Nintendo.
So just to make sure, theres no reason or benefits being on lower firmware anymore right?

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
So just to make sure, theres no reason or benefits being on lower firmware anymore right?

The only benefit at this point would be coldboot (which allows you to launch the CFW without dongles/jigs and whatnot) that will be offered by Atmosphere. So if you want to wait some more...wait away. But if you can't take it anymore...I say update away and enjoy what's already available!

dalekman9999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The only benefit at this point would be coldboot (which allows you to launch the CFW without dongles/jigs and whatnot) that will be offered by Atmosphere. So if you want to wait some more...wait away. But if you can't take it anymore...I say update away and enjoy what's already available!
welp, takin the plunge, finges crossed im not banned

Reactions: Zumoly

dalekman9999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Careful now! Homebrew/LayeredFS/TX OS all can get you banned.
I know, Not gonna be loading it up for a while until we know what precautions need to be taken etc. Ive always been offline when ive used homebrew though, and deleted the error logs before going online.
Hopefully we know soon what other precautions need to be taken/

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SciresM stated that there wont be [at least from him] a coldboot, only a warmboot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NicoXChan @ NicoXChan: .