Hardware Seeing double on 3ds?

Nathan576

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been watching 3d trailers from e3 and sometimes things will be double. In the Zelda trailer I could see 2 link's sometimes, when Zelda was running away on the horse I saw 2 horses. Does this happen to anyone else or do I need to exchange my 3ds? I don't have any 3ds games yet so I can't test it out yet.

D

Deleted User

It's regular eye-ghosting from the eyes' binocular disparity.

The rule is; play too much, see too much ghosting; stop playing for half an hour and go outside.

shawnanastasio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its called ghosting and it happens to almost everyone, when the background of the screen is dark the brightest thing on the screen will sometimes appear double.

D

Deleted User

Snailface said:
shawnanastasio said:
its called ghosting and it happens to almost everyone, when the background of the screen is dark the brightest thing on the screen will sometimes appear double.
I've found that tilting the system vertically can make the ghosting disappear.
This is because your eyes can no longer find the 3D effect.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nathan576 said:
I've been watching 3d trailers from e3 and sometimes things will be double. In the Zelda trailer I could see 2 link's sometimes, when Zelda was running away on the horse I saw 2 horses. Does this happen to anyone else or do I need to exchange my 3ds? I don't have any 3ds games yet so I can't test it out yet.

The symptoms point towards brain hemorrhaging or cancer. Do not be worried though - in both cases the death will be slow and painful. Do not bother calling the doctor, it's too late for you son/sister.

Just pray and enjoy your 3DS... till you can.

It's ghosting, yes. Turn the 3D down a bit and take regular breaks.

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tigris said:
It's regular eye-ghosting from the eyes' binocular disparity.

The rule is; play too much, see too much ghosting; stop playing for half an hour and go outside.

uhh...it could most likely be the 3ds technology's short coming. seriously, i think alot of people think that ghosting is caused by lack of rest, or too much gaming cause i keep hearing these same reasons. -_-. i don't think it's true. it's most likely because of having a dark background with some bright 3d object which causes the ghosting.
edit: nvm i change my stance. your reasons could be true, BUT i find that the technology is most of the time at fault. if your tired from watching 3d and you see double images im pretty sure you're aware of it yourself cause your eyes would feel funny.

aiRWaLKRe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The ghost can be from many different things: tired eyes ( take a break ), 3d slider too high and eyes can't compensate, holding the 3ds too close to your eyes ( I get this problem when I am laying down in bed and playing, the 3ds gets too close to my head and see the ghosting), defect unit ( highly unlikely ), you have moved the 3ds out of the sweet spot viewing angle

ccfreak2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aiRWaLKRe said:
The ghost can be from many different things: tired eyes ( take a break ), 3d slider too high and eyes can't compensate, holding the 3ds too close to your eyes ( I get this problem when I am laying down in bed and playing, the 3ds gets too close to my head and see the ghosting), defect unit ( highly unlikely ), you have moved the 3ds out of the sweet spot viewing angle
It's from the parallax barrier letting light through.

Gengar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ghosting doesn't have anything to do with tired eyes, I gather that it's a problem of the screen.
While closing one eye, I still see two different images (though only one of them is clearly visible and the other one, well, ghostly) and no matter at which angle I'm holding it aswell.
How can this not be a problem of the screen?

Nathan576

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured out that with movie trailers, the depth slider only goes on and off, nothing in the middle. So it's either max 3d or none at all. But with the game if you turn it down (around 30%) there is no ghosting at all.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gengar said:
The ghosting doesn't have anything to do with tired eyes, I gather that it's a problem of the screen.
While closing one eye, I still see two different images (though only one of them is clearly visible and the other one, well, ghostly) and no matter at which angle I'm holding it aswell.
How can this not be a problem of the screen?

That means you're either holding the 3DS at a bad angle or too close or in an extremely rare case you may have a bad screen.

Most likely one of the above 2. The display is DESIGNED with the thought that people will be at least 16 inches away from the screen while viewing it so make sure to hold it adequately back.

D

Deleted User

They are all lying to you, you're going blind, in about 2 years you will lose your vision, in about 3 years you will lose your hearing, and in about 5-6 years, you will implode.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
It's ghosting, really.

That's what happens on stereoscopic 3D screens without head trackers if you tilt it too much/view from a different angle.
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all