DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay I change my opinion of this system, I am going to get it the day it comes out, I am going to get two of them. I am going to get one BLUE Model (The knock-arround one that I will carry with me at all times) and the Gold Model (Used for game previews, reviews, LPs and Live Streams on my Youtube Channel) I may on occasion switch the two systems to freshen things up a bit but still.

Nah, I'll just get one and it will be the blue one.
Oh, and I have GOT to pick up the Kid Icurris game!

But as for the Super Mario Sunshine Port, NO! Just make a new damn mario game...like a Super Mario Galaxy 3DS or something like that. (Laughs when realizing that there could just be a SMG Sequel to Galaxy 2 and call it "Super Mario Galaxy 3-DS" ROFL)

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I suggested this a few YEARS ago.

No, but really, I never understood why nobody bothered to take stereoscopic pictures.

I've loved stereo pics ever since I was five.

Can anyone whip up a parallel-stereo one?
Basically the cross-eye'd version, but with the images switched. Parallel doesn't screw my eyes up as much.

For people who can't see it-
Can you make one eye drift off? That's parallel-stereoscopic. Try to look at it and make one eye drift off. You'll see both images split, making four iterations of the image. Make two of them match up, and you'll have three. Look into the middle one.

And there we have it- the miracle of stereo vision.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJ91990 said:
Okay I change my opinion of this system, I am going to get it the day it comes out, I am going to get two of them. I am going to get one BLUE Model (The knock-arround one that I will carry with me at all times) and the Gold Model (Used for game previews, reviews, LPs and Live Streams on my Youtube Channel) I may on occasion switch the two systems to freshen things up a bit but still.

Nah, I'll just get one and it will be the blue one.
Oh, and I have GOT to pick up the Kid Icurris game!

But as for the Super Mario Sunshine Port, NO! Just make a new damn mario game...like a Super Mario Galaxy 3DS or something like that. (Laughs when realizing that there could just be a SMG Sequel to Galaxy 2 and call it "Super Mario Galaxy 3-DS" ROFL)
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the "gold 3DS" is actually yellow.
ohnoes.png

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There are two methods to see 3D:

- crossed eyes
- vision through

• When seeing single stereoscopic pictures (the one with many colors, not the double pictures for each eyes), both methods give a different depth effect.
- The crossed eyes make the volumes appears dig'ed out, hollow from the surface.
- the vision through is a littler harder to learn, but makes the images pop out of the background and gives a volume to the object, instead of hole.

• When seeing a double image side by side, both methods give the same effect.
- Crossed eyes is the easier, and might work with any sized images.
- when vision through is hard on really big image, but is a more natural way to see and prevent eye-ache.

I had difficulties to achieve vision though with the metroid and epona image, as they are pretty large, but after few tries it worked.
I'm amazed how you managed to create a depth with a single image of epona !

I wanted to create some pictures to explain the method differences, but I guess I loose my drawing skills on the computer.

I'll try to explain the vision through :
- place your hand in close position, except the 2nd finger in front of you, (like if you where pointing at something)
- make your fingers touch each other
- place your hands between you and your keyboard
- look at your keyboard

Now you are looking behind the hands, and you should see a "sausage" at the center of your hand. This is the part where both image are seen independently from each eyes, and were the 3D will appear.
Try doing the same with both image instead of both hand, look behind the picture, let your eyes see through it, like if you were looking at the horizon.

PS : welcome back Osaka !
I thought you had a name change, because someone else is using an avatar with your name on it.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe it's not the best place to say that.

I'm afraid that the gyro/tilt sensor inside the 3DS will make eye-ache while playing a game in 3D.
Parents would complain against Nintendo that their kids will become blind ! (worst case scenario)
did you try to slowly rotate a stereoscopic picture while keeping it in 3D the longer you can ?
The effect is more for single stereoscopic picture I guess, but it can be felt with dual picture too.

If 3D games requires you to rotate the console, you will have to rotate your head with it, or else you will feel dizzy
wacko.gif

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you did not rotate your head, the 3d would be gone after a few degrees. But I do not think that software titles that use the motion sensors iPhone-style will rely heavily on 3D. Just because you have two features does not mean you have to use them together in a certain way. 3D and motion-sensing go hand in hand for things like augmented reality, and if they interfere in the software you think of, the solution is simple: Only use one of them.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the life of me I have never been able to see the "third" image when looking at double stereoscopic images, or the hidden image in single stereoscopic images. No matter how long I stare I just can't see it... been trying for years.
tongue.gif

By looking at the video in the first post I don't see how it's really much different than Looksley's Line Up other than being able to move the image with the stick instead of the DS itself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEMkgVnzvdE

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After reading this thread and making myself go crosseyed to see these "3D" images, I can't help butto think of "The Jerk".
Steve Matrin (forget the characters name) makes the "optigrab", a new type of eyeglasses, where the "handle" is between the eyes.
Well it makes everyone permanantly cross-eyed. I just had the vision of thousands of 6-years olds, permanantly cross-eyed from playing the 3DS.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Moose13 said:
After reading this thread and making myself go crosseyed to see these "3D" images, I can't help butto think of "The Jerk".
Steve Matrin (forget the characters name) makes the "optigrab", a new type of eyeglasses, where the "handle" is between the eyes.
Well it makes everyone permanantly cross-eyed. I just had the vision of thousands of 6-years olds, permanantly cross-eyed from playing the 3DS.
yeah but luckily that's not the case is it? That would be something. Nintendo launching their new handheld, with included "Learn to see crosseyed" software. And I can imagine the startupscreen:

WARNING-HEALTH AND SAFETY

BEFORE PLAYING PLEASE USE CROSS EYED VIEW. SEE TUTORIAL HOW TO MANAGE CROSS-EYED VIEW.
IF YOU CAN'T MANAGE THE CROSSEYED VIEW OR IF PHYSICAL PROBLEMS OCCUR, NINTENDO CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE. PLEASE ASK YOUR RETAILER FOR FURTHER TIPS ABOUT SEEING CROSSEYED.

PLEASE CLICK A NOW, CROSSEYED FOOL!

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
berlinka said:
Moose13 said:
I just had the vision of thousands of 6-years olds, permanantly cross-eyed from playing the 3DS.
yeah but luckily that's not the case is it? That would be something. Nintendo launching their new handheld, with included "Learn to see crosseyed" software.
After countless hours of looking at a screen crosseyed, you can't uncross them any more, and you need special glasses to see the rest of the world normally.

Only $150 apiece.

...I think I'm onto something here...
blink.gif

EDIT: And now, some more 3D-ness.

oKg27.jpg

WSIuw.jpg

zkstR.jpg

Also, moving 3D... thing.

FSmQC.gif

EDIT EDIT: Meanwhile, in Japan...

sHMiq.jpg

Site & Scene News