spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Twilight Loz said:
I forgot what type of security they've put on the 3DS. I think it was ARM 9? could someone tell me.

Thanks

Arm9 isn't security its a processor.

I don't think they've mentioned the security on the 3DS, I might be wrong.
However, I really don't think its worth thinking about when the system is nowhere near the market place yet.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Twilight Loz said:
i did read it somehwere on gbatemp. Im 100% sure it was on gbatemp but I cant find it
There's a feature on some new arm chips that ... stuff.
You read it in the original spec thread, it's called TrustZone.

D

Deleted-188346

As far as I know, Nintendo are very, very angry with piracy, haha. The 3DS will no doubt have some scary security.

I bet that the Flash Card Teams will overcome it though. After all, they need to make money too, and the potential money to be made with Flash Cards on the 3DS is too great to let Nintendo win.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The regular style DS has RSA security. It obviously wasn't as effective as they might have hoped.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hope that the 3DS will bring an end to piracy. It really hurts a lot of gaming industries, and it should be stopped.

I do pirate, but I want to get out of the habit.

D

Deleted-188346

Slyakin said:
I just hope that the 3DS will bring an end to piracy. It really hurts a lot of gaming industries, and it should be stopped.

Of course, if all of us had lots of money to burn, we'd most likely all pay for our games. However, I for one, don't have any money to buy games with. And, when I do, it has to go to more essential things.

And sometimes we all get a little tired of paying full price for a game that turns out to be quite abysmal.

And sometimes people just refuse to buy anything, lol. I dislike those people, they make us look bad.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Even hardcore pirates should hope the 3DS doesn't get cracked in the first year or two. It needs to get established first, or there won't be any games to pirate!

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
altorn said:
there arent any technical facts released yet!

not even battery life or supported media! there isnt even a pic of its main menu!
Media: DS carts, and 3DS carts in the same cart slot. It also has an SD card slot.
Unless you meant audio/visual media format, in which case they haven't even thought it through if you go buy what they said about 3D pictures. (No way to view them off the system, since nobody else has developed a 3D image format yet.

QUOTE(Slyakin @ Jun 19 2010, 03:27 PM) I just hope that the 3DS will bring an end to piracy. It really hurts a lot of gaming industries, and it should be stopped.

It's more of a positive than pre-owned games.

D

Deleted-188346

Nollog said:
It's more of a positive than pre-owned games.
Very true. I forgot about that. Piracy is identical to buying a pre-owned game since none of the profits go to the developer.
And it's also worse than piracy, since the customer was obviously willing to pay cash for the game (usually $5-20 less than the retail price).

Blastoise

Trophies
XP
Country
Slyakin said:

Yes same. Hopefully the bigger file sizes for each game will put me off and stop me from pirating. I shall try and buy all the games i play

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
piracy is a myth to a certain degree, and I say that for several reasons ... 1. just because you can download it , doesn't mean you would buy it....

D

Deleted-188346

air2004 said:
piracy is a myth to a certain degree, and I say that for several reasons ... 1. just because you can download it , doesn't mean you would buy it....
Exactly. That's why when Nintendo claims they lost X amount of dollars, I don't believe them.
I wouldn't have bought 95% of the games on my Acekard2i. And for the 5% I would have bought, I don't have the money.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I pirate like all you do, but when something is impressive enough I gladly throw my money at it. I spent about $700.00 on the DS(Lite) in new product (buying used games doesn't support growth), before I started using flashcarts. Nintendo reaped more money from me than a casual consumer buying Nintendogs and the Imagine series.

I buy new Xbox360 games at launch, because they impress, and I can't wait (Alan Wake for example). It feels worth it, and when the 3DS releases, I don't mind paying for actual games if it feels worth it. If 3DS eventually finds itself a good flashcart, I'll probably buy it. I'm a collector though, so I'll probably own all Mario titled games, as well as Nintendo produced games, but alll that other questionable garbage? Well that's what flashcarts are for. If it's good, support it, and buy that shit. Otherwise, Nintendo should've never approved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning