Securities analyst- Wii U "competitive position has deteriorated&#

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by heartgold, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    In all honesty it's rather obvious the Wii U specs are better than the Xbox 360/PS3 specs. The question is by how much, and in my opinion, I don't see it as a lot.

Plus I'm a true gamer anyway and "don't care about graphics" so I'll stick with my Xbox 360.

2. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    *cough* *cough*
    On what bases?
    Fix*
    Not sure how serious that last statement is,but it funny you say that when you emphasize power between consoles so much...

1 person likes this.
  3. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    The last statement wasn't that serious.

Graphics are definitely a selling point for a console for me. Not over the games or features, but I at least expect my consoles to be on the cutting edge of graphics. I enjoy my good games to be good looking as well.

4. xist

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Jul 14, 2008
    Surprised no-one has pointed this out yet regarding the iOS at home statement overcoming Nintendo.....they polled MocoSpace, amobile game community and social network and got an answer in favour of phones rather than consoles. How is that surprising? Based upon the implicit failure in that point i'd be starting to think that there's a hidden agenda in his reasoning.

5. Ultymoo

Ultymoo GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Another topic about another analyst having another bitchfest about how Nintendo is making another console to shoot themselves in the foot another time.

I'm sorry, I tried to fit that word in more times but I couldn't. Anyway, wake me when E3 rolls around so I can start fanboy giggling.

6. RoMee

RoMee ??

Sep 3, 2010
    United States
    ??
    lol
    Valwin trolls user submitted news, and post nothing but anti-sony articles to feed his nintendo fanbolysim
    Zekrom_cool just copy and paste whatever he see on N4G
    Prowler....he's cool

Why would you call spam and trolling contribution?

There's no reason to call Guild a nintendo hater just because he don't drink Reggie's bath water like the rest of you.
    I doubt he'll be in this forum if he hated nintendo.

1 person likes this.
  7. Shabutie78

Shabutie78 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 6, 2010
    United States
    the 3DS definitely is a generation behind. you say the graphics are comparable to wii, which is comparable to gamecube (NGC>wii is where they started their retirement from using modern hardware), which is a decade old. i wasn't talking about literally a generation behind, i was saying a generation behind in terms of power. the wii, DS, and 3DS are all a generation behind in terms of power.

and the fact that nintendo is aimed primarily at children is not debatable. it's a fact. PS3 is for hardcore gamers, i don't know what xbox is aimed at - i don't pay much attention. and wii is for children or, "family" if you will. nintendo is just aimed primarily at children. it's a well known fact. i'm not saying everything on the wii is for kids. that would be stupid.

8. soulx

soulx GBAtemp Legend

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
    lol, just lol

9. Shabutie78

Shabutie78 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 6, 2010
    United States
    and you're so cool.

you must be one of them nintendo fanboys i keep hearing about.

edit; here:

this guy said the exact same as what i'm saying. only saying it more in nintendo's favor, and saying they're bound to succeed. are you going to "durrr lol, just lol" his post too? because he's exactly right.

10. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

GBAtemp Patron
    Skelletonike is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 26, 2008
    Portugal
    Steam City
    First of all, stuff like Hardcore gamers is something that I consider BS, seeing as just because you like X game more then A game, it doesn't mean it's hardcore... Most people would call a game like CoD hardcore, whereas I'd consider other games as that, and the PS3 is as much as for children like the 360 and the Wii, or haven't you seen all those childish games they have?
    "PlayStation® Move. Step, jump, dance into the game experience that’s possible only on the PlayStation®3 system. PlayStation®"
    Sounds very hardcore doesn't it? Well, it's what's written in the official playstation move website, something def aimed at hardcore games, who wouldn't wanna wiggle around with a control that has a ball on it? =3

Nintendo is aimed at all ages, like Sony and Microsoft are, why would they make Kinnect and Move, if not to get people that play the wii, play it too?
    I'm not even a fan of the wii, my fave console from this gen is the 360, but the Wii has some really good games, for which I'll buy one, same for the PS3.
    Also, how many games on the PS3 or the 360, can you say that makes you have genuine fun, laugh or etc? And I don't mean swearing at other people via headset, but actual fun wether alone or with others.

1 person likes this.
  11. emigre

emigre An electric type pokemons

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London

In fairness to Shabby, I can understand where he's coming from. Nintendo's big franchises appeal to kids. Mario is colourful and Zelda appeals to the adventurous side of kids. This it only becomes derogatory remark if you want it to be, which I think Ninty fanbois and 'aters need to take into account.

And Nintendo are family friendly, they always have been (famicom innit) whilst holding a conservative company culture. This isn't new in any way and I don't see why people should be vaguely emotive about it.

1 person likes this.
  12. emigre

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London
    Loads. Uncharted, Valkria Chronicles, Eternal Sonata, Saint's Row, Red Dead Redemption, MvsC3, Sonic Generations, Rayman Origins, Metal Gear Solid, Catherine, Vanquish, Bayonetta, God of War, LA Noire, Vanquish, Assassin's Creed. Just off the top of my head.

3 people like this.
  13. Shabutie78

Shabutie78 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 6, 2010
    United States
    i called the market for PS3 "hardcore" gamers because that just seems to be the label put on them. i don't agree that all of what sony considers to be "hardcore gamers" are the real hardcore gamers. i think hardcore gamers are those who don't pay attention to console brands, hardware specs, or loyalty favorism. but instead about the games and quality of those games themselves. be it whatever genre - RPGs, FPSs, platformers...

and yeah, like i said, i never said everything on the wii is for children. and not everything on the PS3 is for these "hardcore" gamers sony speaks of. i'm saying their primary audience consists of children. why is that so hard to understand?

unrelated; i like your charlie chaplin avitar. the kid was a good movie.

14. Walker D

Walker D I have a hat

Nov 15, 2009
    Brazil
    My home
    Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcnsG11MRE8&feature=youtu.be

Have you guys seen it? ..I thinks it's a conservative look actually.

Maybe it will cool down this rumor's speculation craziness
    yeah ..obviously not :P

1 person likes this.
  15. Tigran

Tigran GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 6, 2002
    United States

So you spend 1000 dollars every year or so on graphic cards for your PC? Otherwise you invalidate your own argument as you are not at "Cutting edge"

16. emigre

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London
    He said console not PC innit.

17. Midna

Midna Banned

Banned
    Apr 13, 2008
    Albania
    Nintendo makes their games for all ages, including children. Yes, this is possible. You remember Pixar movies? It is possible to appeal to many different demographics at the same time you know
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. jmanup85

jmanup85 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Orlando, Florida

he is a nintendo hater as stated by his own self, I'm not calling him a troll but he does post on nintendo news alot with his negative comments quite frequently (save for thiis comment which I used as an example).

19. emigre

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London
    I think Guild is being flippant.

By think, I mean pretty clearly being flippant.

20. Wintrale

Wintrale GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 19, 2009
    Kent, England
    Weren't they pessimistic about the 3DS as well? :creep:

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted