Secret Service Training Enhanced By 3D Gaming Tech

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Secret Service is making a tool that uses video game technology and 3d modeling to simulate real life security threats that the agents may face. It's being called the Site Security Planning Tool or SSPT for short, and may be ready for use by spring. It emulates another tool called Tiny Town which has been used by secret service instructors for the past 40 years.

The tool will make new virtual environments like airports or stadiums and put the user in different security incidents like bomb threats and chemical attacks, as if they were playing a video game.

Each kiosk is uses a projector and a camera. It is powered by a computer running Virtual Battle Space

Future enchantments of this tool will be making new models for determining health effects and seeing how a crowd reacts to certain situations. This simulation will help better prepared agents if this were to ever happen in real life.
[/p]

Source
I wish there was pictures, I sort of want to see how the things works.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like it would be awesome
smile.gif
. Now if only they can do something like this but geared more for gamers...

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I already told you, if you want to do news, respect the USN template which can be found here
Sheaperd121 said:
The Secret Service is making a tool that uses video game technology and 3d modeling to simulate real life security threats that the agents may face. It's being called the Site Security Planning Tool or SSPT for short, and may be ready for use by spring. It emulates another tool called Tiny Town which has been used by secret service instructors for the past 40 years.

The tool will make new virtual environments like airports or stadiums and put the user in different security incidents like bomb threats and chemical attacks, as if they were playing a video game.

Each kiosk is uses a projector and a camera. It is powered by a computer running Virtual Battle Space

Future enchantments of this tool will be making new models for determining health effects and seeing how a crowd reacts to certain situations. This simulation will help better prepared agents if this were to ever happen in real life.[/p]

Source

But that is pretty neat.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pyrmon24 said:
I already told you, if you want to do news, respect the USN template which can be found here
Sheaperd121 said:

Future enchantments of this tool will be making new models for determining health effects and seeing how a crowd reacts to certain situations. This simulation will help better prepared agents if this were to ever happen in real life.[/p]

Source

But that is pretty neat.

I know, I read it, but I still don't know how to do what you just did. This may sound noobish, but could you tell me how to do it?

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pyrmon24 said:
For the text, you use:
Code:
[P= ]
[/P]

For the URL Source, you click the Insert Link button on the post page
Thank you. I have fixed the post and will use this from now on. Thank you, and sorry for the noobish question.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Maybe Nintendo is supporting the Secret Service.
ninja.gif

But, I GUESS it's kind of interesting. I was really thinking of holograms though.
How far could holograms go? They are parlor tricks that would have to be stationary. You can do anything you want in a virtual world.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse