Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've heard that some Japanese games have a secret option to switch them to English, because the game is already translated by the makers, or that only a menu is done into English.

Is there a list of all of these games? I'm really curious which games would have an English option.
biggrin.gif

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It always makes me wonder why games like that (with, let's say, both Japanese and English) are still released months after in Europe/US, they already include everything needed.

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
Overlord Nadrian said:
It always makes me wonder why games like that (with, let's say, both Japanese and English) are still released months after in Europe/US, they already include everything needed.

Bragging right, most likely.

But seriously, I bet it has something to do with the mass shipping and maybe the import rules/standards or whatever =/

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, it's probably to do with shipping and making sure they have enough to distribute.. or whatever?

And also, the hidden translations might not always be perfect, and there might be a few mistakes and stuff.. So it might take a while to make sure it's ok for a western audience?

But still, considering there's usually UBER HUGE teams working on each game, they still make us wait too long :/

Err sorry off-topic, I think the first 3 Gyakuten Saiban games had that option, but they're all out in english anyway.

And Dragon Quest IV had it, but also out in english.

Latest one that had it is Ivy the Kiwi
biggrin.gif

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Inunah said:
What about a J game that hasn't been released in the US that has a secret option to switch to English? I'd like to try that game!
rolleyes.gif

Well right now, Ivy the Kiwi. Although that's kinda simple, and I dont know if there's any other new J games with an english option
tongue.gif

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So just to clarify sorry, if I imported 'Ivy The Kiwi?' from Japan now I would be able to go through the options and change the language to English?

I just wanted the original game of this one, otherwise I have to wait until Autumn for an EU release.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
kicknhorse said:
So just to clarify sorry, if I imported 'Ivy The Kiwi?' from Japan now I would be able to go through the options and change the language to English?

I just wanted the original game of this one, otherwise I have to wait until Autumn for an EU release.
Well.... The language IS in the coding, but you need to swap the Japanese text files for the English text files with some sort of ROM editing program/language or something, since the option to change the language ISN'T in the Japanese version of the game.

Here's the topic with a Japanese-English fileswap patch so you can have the game in English, though.

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Inunah said:
kicknhorse said:

Well.... The language IS in the coding, but you need to swap the Japanese text files for the English text files with some sort of ROM editing program/language or something, since the option to change the language ISN'T in the Japanese version of the game.

Here's the topic with a Japanese-English fileswap patch so you can have the game in English, though.
Thank you very much, really much appriciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.