Secret Files: Tunguska

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Michishige, Jun 30, 2010.

Jun 30, 2010

Secret Files: Tunguska by Michishige at 4:29 AM (595 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Michishige

Newcomer Michishige Advanced Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Being a relatively new member to this forum and not having a lot of posts behind me it is very safe to say that you guys absolutely do not know me. There is no need for you to know me at this point in time, but there is a relative piece of information for you to know about me for the purpose of this thread;

I LOVE point-and-click adventure games. I love them on PC, I love them on consoles, I love them in every format they come. The market of point-and-click games have been steadily decreasing since the 90's and I've hungered for another one, ever since 'The Longest Journey'..... come to think of it, that is a very long time ago..... anyway, to the topic at hand.

'Secret Files: Tunguska' is a typical 90's style point-and-click game, and I absolutely approve and it shows that although the genre is on life-support, it is certainly not ready to give up the ghost just yet. I have to admit though that I was quivering in my pants when 'Grim Fandango' was released, I was really hoping that it would not take over the standard of the 'new' point-and-click genre. Luckily, I wasn't the only one that thought that game a piece of trash and it was fast forgotten.

Does anyone know who did the voice acting for the protagonist? She sounds similar to Linda Hamilton.

Ps. Did anyone else notice the similarities between the protagonist of this game and Claire Redfield of 'Resident Evil'?

What do you guys think of 'Tunguska'?
  2. hughjass

Member hughjass GBAtemp Regular

Sep 20, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Loved both the first and second one. They were far from perfect, but on the whole thoughroughly enjoyable experiences. I was disappointed the protagonist had a different voice actor in the second game though, and although I understand it happens, they didn't even get someone who gave a similar delivery, and it changed the character somewhat.

The 90's style point and click adventures are definitely my faves. A lot of the old school P&C are a little too plodding for my liking. I think why games like Tunguska, TLJ etc work for me is they have a slow gameplay pace, but the story is always moving and so your interest is kept that way.

I have never been a fan of first person P&C clicks like Myst either. Tried to be, but just find them cumbersome and dull. There are a few exceptions though, like the CSI games, and Scratches was OK.

I LOVE The Longest Journey and Dreamfall though, amazing games! And the broken sword series too, Sam & Max, Strongbad, Shadow of memories (which is not point and click, but has very similar pacing and gameplay mechanics.) I just picked up Syberia I for PS2 and Syberia II for xbox recently as well, not got round to playing them yet though!

Oh and the Shenmue games are good adventure style games too.