Second-hand WiiU prices dropping like a stone.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
So, I checked ebay, just to see how much these folks are squeezing out of people that didn't take advantage of pre-orders, and I was mildly amused. It seems like the prices for the deluxe editions are going down day by day.

I can literally smell the nervous sweats of the people that stocked up on tens of WiiUs, just to have their auctions turn belly up mere days after the launch.

You know, I smell something else. You know what that is? Justice. Sweet, poetic justice.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This is one reason why concert tickets cost a huge amount, too. People want to cash in from reselling something that gets sold out pretty fast. Easy money (and some people do this for a living earning thousands a month). I wonder what the level will be once it sets.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stores all around here are getting in more stock, so naturally they'd be buying it directly from a store. Rather than online, making the demand for the WiiU online lower therefore lowering the asking price.

Reactions: XPro

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Huh my faith in people is somewhat restored now. I checked out ebay myself and the over-inflated (£400+) Wii U premium auctions all have zero bids. That will learn those damn hoarders. I have been saying to people for the last month that the Wii U drought was artificially created by both Nintendo and stockpilers.

Daemauroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Playing by the rules of "The Free Market" and being a dick aren't mutually exclusive.
well said.

but, I couldn't believe people actually bought it for those high prices... normal people would have thought logically and waited till the release for a normal price right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on