mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is no reason to downgrade boot2. If the wii has a vulnerable boot1, it has a vulnerable boot1 and you can install bootmii as boot2. Yours may or may not have a vulnerable boot1. Best way to find out is to run the hackmii installer and install bootmii.

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
ok mauifrog thanks i did install it as ios only thats all it would let me do

i didnt know if the upgrade to v4 was there before the guy played super mario on it

it was updated by the disc from what ever it came with to sysmenu 4.1u and boot2v4

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psnider85 said:
It is not possible to downgrade boot2.

Sorry mate.

Here is some good information:
http://hackmii.com/2009/02/bootmii-and-the-new-boot1/

Not entirely true. it's quite possible to downgrade or upgrade boot2. The problem with messing with boot2 is that if the installed boot2 is fakesigned and you don't have a vunerable boot1 it will fail to load because the signing check will fail. Frankly don't mess with it is the best advice I can give. In other words oficial signed content can be written to any wii's boot2 slot without a problem however fakesigned content can't. If one were to crack Nintendo's encryption keys we could install a boot2 replacement on any wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended