searching the most easiest NDS launcher (like DSKiosk for homebrew)

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by unregistered, Mar 17, 2009.

1. unregistered
    OP

unregistered Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2009
    United States
    I'm searching for a very specific ROM/NDS launcher solution - be it either firmware based or just a regular NDS-Homebrew software. Probably someone of you can tell me which software or device could bring me the closest to this:

- The launcher should allow me to add specific NDS files like a shortcut to a menu
    - It should hide everything I do not deliberately add
    - Best would be, if it shows every added NDS file with an icon
    - the NDS icon/name should be on the touch screen and clickable, the user should not need to use the d-pad to launch a program
    - Besides the icons, it should show as little information as possible - it should look "clean", like a simple Desktop with shortcuts
    - It should have little features so that people are not able to change too many options (best would be to have the icons only .ini file based)
    - The background image should be replacable
    - It should be able to launch commercial NDS roms (homebrew is nice as well)
    - If I can launch it imediately together with a DS card boot-up, it's perfect (but not necessary)

The best solution for me so far is DSKiosk. It nearly has everything I need, except it can't launch commercial NDS files, and this is a must-have here. :-(

I don't know in how far programs like YSMenu are skinable/reducable to get there. DSisio2 i didn't got to run on my N5 (always crashing after the welcome screen). I also tried the DSLinker, but it's pretty ugly (much text).

Probably there is a good card firmware out there, that has something like this. Can anyone help me find the right thing?

(PS: What I do want to do: Bring all of my games onto one cartridge in a very nice and comfortable and stylish manner)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice