Searching for title of SNES game...

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Roussimoff, Mar 15, 2010.

Mar 15, 2010
  1. Roussimoff
    OP

Newcomer Roussimoff Newbie

United States
    Hello hello. This game in question was set up sort of like Streets of Rage for Genesis, but I think only one player. It was a super fun beat-em-up with a generic super-hero type but you could also choose "versions" of the main character. (Like a baby in a mech suit or a mummy I believe..)

What IS this game?? And more importantly, is it available for emulation to my DS?!? While I'm on the subject, whats the name of that game thats sort of like Castlevania but you are a barbarian-type guy? The goal is traveling UPwards through castle levels? It's NOT Ghouls n' Ghosts, I think its better actually.

Oh...one more thing...please please please tell me that Super Metroid and Super Castlevania have working emulators for the DS??

Any help would be stellar!!

Thanks -

A.R.

2. g4mer

Newcomer g4mer Member

Singapore
    Captain Commando. The arcade version is a lot better than the snes one.

You also need to try Battle Circuit. It is also a fun beat em up with unique characters like pink ostrich, cyborg, feral woman, venus flytrap like plant and shape changer (like plasticman).

3. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    There were so many of those types of games for the SNES that it's hard to narrow down just from that description. Could it be Sonic Blast Man?

edit : Beaten to it by g4mer, and his answer is probably right!

4. Roussimoff
    OP

Newcomer Roussimoff Newbie

United States
    "Captain Commando"....hmmm....Sonic Blastman? Sounds like the first, but..? Is there somewhere I could see screenshots of said games? Any thoughts on the second one? It seems like most levels were in a massive castle..

?

Thanks!

A.R.

5. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Mobygames.