OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.fakegaming.eu
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey there. I am searching for the best way to connect a Wii to my Monitor.

I have a Samsung Syncmaster 226BW [22 inch] and I want to be able to play all Wii games, Gamecube games and VC, Wiiware and Homebrew without any trouble.

What would be the best option to buy. (I prefer a low price because I'm not that rich
tongue.gif
But suggest anything if its REALLY good.)
And where to buy. I live in the Netherlands
happy.gif

I hope some people have some options for me
smile.gif

Red Ire Lap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think unless your monitor is equipped for video/audio input like a TV you would need to get a V/A card for your computer and link it through your monitor that way.

I owouldnt know the price in the Netherlands, however its about $25 here in canada. I can imagine it being around the same price there.

LagunaCid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Get a Wii->VGA cable. Those go for around $25.
Now, I wouldn't really recommend doing this, because this will only allow you to run games in 480p.
Games that don't have 480p, such as MadWorld, and most of the GC library, will not work.

OJClock

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what I use is a a cheap ass video recorder that works through USB:
it's called the kworld dvd maker usb 2.0, only problem is, you have to use it through some software, and have special drivers, which have failed me before and don't work on vista, other than that everything works fine

Snave2008

Trophies
Website
www.completelyfreewii.com
XP
Country
I used to use a Vdigi VD-Z3 that was pretty great - but as mentioned it would only run games in 480p (although saying that what games these days don't support pro scan? excluding Mad World...)

They also make a VGA Cable which has similar properties to the VD-Z3 but much more streamlined - with the VD-Z3 you had to go Wii to VD-Z3 (which also requires another plug) to the monitor and it was a bit of a pain to be honest.

I'd just go with the VGA Cable - They may be one or two older games that you can't play but the major majority of games will play fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over