Searching for the best way to connect a Wii to my Monitor

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by jeffro, Aug 4, 2009.

1. jeffro
    OP

Newcomer jeffro Advanced Member

Netherlands
    Hey there. I am searching for the best way to connect a Wii to my Monitor.

I have a Samsung Syncmaster 226BW [22 inch] and I want to be able to play all Wii games, Gamecube games and VC, Wiiware and Homebrew without any trouble.

What would be the best option to buy. (I prefer a low price because I'm not that rich [​IMG] But suggest anything if its REALLY good.)
    And where to buy. I live in the Netherlands [​IMG]

I hope some people have some options for me [​IMG]

2. Red Ire Lap

Newcomer Red Ire Lap Advanced Member

Canada
    I think unless your monitor is equipped for video/audio input like a TV you would need to get a V/A card for your computer and link it through your monitor that way.

I owouldnt know the price in the Netherlands, however its about $25 here in canada. I can imagine it being around the same price there.

3. jeffro
    OP

Netherlands
    That would lag intensely. Any better ideas?

4. LagunaCid

Member LagunaCid GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Get a Wii->VGA cable. Those go for around $25.
    Now, I wouldn't really recommend doing this, because this will only allow you to run games in 480p.
    Games that don't have 480p, such as MadWorld, and most of the GC library, will not work.

5. OJClock

Member OJClock GBAtemp Regular

United States
    what I use is a a cheap ass video recorder that works through USB:
    it's called the kworld dvd maker usb 2.0, only problem is, you have to use it through some software, and have special drivers, which have failed me before and don't work on vista, other than that everything works fine

6. jeffro
    OP

Netherlands
    Any other method. I have seen like some HD boxes online. Do those work with more games? I really can't use my like 13/15 inch TV xD

7. Snave2008

Member Snave2008 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I used to use a Vdigi VD-Z3 that was pretty great - but as mentioned it would only run games in 480p (although saying that what games these days don't support pro scan? excluding Mad World...)

They also make a VGA Cable which has similar properties to the VD-Z3 but much more streamlined - with the VD-Z3 you had to go Wii to VD-Z3 (which also requires another plug) to the monitor and it was a bit of a pain to be honest.

I'd just go with the VGA Cable - They may be one or two older games that you can't play but the major majority of games will play fine.

8. jeffro
    OP

Netherlands
    Aww. Means I can't play most gamecube games then [​IMG]