searching for ISO managing tool

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Slowking, Aug 31, 2010.

Aug 31, 2010
  1. Slowking
    OP

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Hi,
    is there a ISO managing tool that can

1. Rename games to the following "Gamename [GameID].iso"
    2. remove the update partition
    3. Trim the game

?

I know I could do all these task by using Wii scrubber and manually renaming the files but that would be a loooooot of work. Isn't there a program that can do this automatically. There are a lot of WBFS managers out there that can do that, but only when you save the games to a WBFS partition, which I do not want to do.

Any help would be much apreciated.

Edit:
    I ofcourse meant NTFS in the title. Damn sleep deprivation. XD

Alternatively to triming it could ofcourse save files in wdf or ciso format, but I sadly don't know which loaders support it. Can nybody enlighten me there?

For that matter: What produces smaller files, ciso or wdf?

2. Kawaii-Tora

Newcomer Kawaii-Tora Advanced Member

Germany
  3. Burton

Member Burton Real Life VIP and Educator

Puerto Rico
    ^ +1 or you can also use wii backup manager as both programs can delete you update partition. I suggest converting your .iso to .wbfs or .ciso to compress the game. Having an .iso will retain it's full size even if you scrub or trim it.

4. Slowking
    OP

Germany
    I would rather not go with wbfs, as afaik it is pretty unefficient and I don't see the need for an extra file system in a file.

ciso is an option, but I kinda like to know a little more about it. And sadly Wii backup manager doesn't name the games properly if you save them to ciso, so I would still have to rename all of them.
    Does ciso have a similar file size to wdf? And are ciso and/or wdf supported by the most cummon loaders like Wiiflow?

Btw. if you trim isos they don't retain their full size. just fyi.

5. PsyBlade

Member PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Germany
    -its not inefficient
    -all images are filesystems in a file

the *.iso naming scheme actually stands for the iso9660 filesystem used on most CDs
    but is used by noobs for all kinds of images

6. Slowking
    OP

Germany
    hmmm yeah didn't think about that wbfs file system will probably replace the iso file system. like i said I'm kinda loopy frm too less sleep. [​IMG]

Well wbfs files are slightly bigger than ciso files and I guess I just don't like wbfs that much.

I made a command line for wit that does what I want:

wit copy "g:/games raw" --psel -UPDATE --ciso --lang de "g:/wbfs/%T [%I].ciso"

Edit: wdf is actually alittle smaller still. Well let's see what USB loaders eat and what not. [​IMG]

7. Slowking
    OP

Germany
    hmmm wiiflow doesn't seem to support ciso or wdf. so I guess it's wbfs for now. *sigh*

8. Burton

Member Burton Real Life VIP and Educator

Puerto Rico
    My mistake, I was thinking about scrubbing when I wrote that. Some people had reported game freezes after trimming their isos. It happened to me once. Why don't you use CFG Loader instead of wiiflow for the time being.