Hardware Searching for a pre "hacked" 2DS or New 3DS

AyanamiRei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, sorry to disturb the forum since I do not know where I could ask for this.

Is there anyone here who would sell a "fresh" (no linked account) used european 2DS with the old Ironfall / ironhax pre-installed? (in a correct state, I would buy for retail price of course)
OR
Is it possible to start homebrews through Ocarina of Time on a new console with an old enough firmware if someone loaded the right payloads into my cartridge? (and would some european here be willing to do so if I send a unused copy of the game to my helper and pay the package fees)

Thanks in advance for your answer(s).

Last edited by AyanamiRei,
D

Deleted-236924

oot3dhax works up until latest firmware. It just needs to have the right firmware on it.

Honestly, if you were going to buy a used 2DS with Ironfall on it for retail price... just go buy a new retail one and enjoy <9.2

AyanamiRei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
oot3dhax works up until latest firmware. It just needs to have the right firmware on it.
Thank you, then this is a viable option.

Honestly, if you were going to buy a used 2DS with Ironfall on it for retail price... just go buy a new retail one and enjoy <9.2
"enjoy <9.2" how can I do that? I can't really do anything without an extrnal device or the right game cartridge/e-shop game if I understood it right. And there are almost no ways to "hack" the console without the lack of the old ironfall. (I still have some problem to accept the fact I won't be able to play imported cards anymore)

Last edited by AyanamiRei,
D

Deleted-236924

You can do pretty much everything from within the browser.
Can run GW Launcher for setting up emunand, can run rxTools for using the emunand, can run rxtools devmode to update to 9.2, then install menuhax to run rxtools automatically at startup

AyanamiRei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can do pretty much everything from within the browser.
Can run GW Launcher for setting up emunand, can run rxTools for using the emunand, can run rxtools devmode to update to 9.2, then install menuhax to run rxtools automatically at startup
That's a lot but all those things require to purchase some external pirate device first. And I actually mainly want the RegionFree access, plus the ability to take in-game screenshots and change HOME background were pretty pleasant. (yes, I played some SNES roms on my old console but I can live without it)

D

Deleted-236924

No, no they do not.
You buy your 2DS, it comes under 9.2, you do everything through the browser, no additional devices required.

AyanamiRei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, no they do not.
You buy your 2DS, it comes under 9.2, you do everything through the browser, no additional devices required.
Thanks for the clarification, but I woulsd like a bit more. Sorry.
In fact, I know about the browser thing where I have only to get some files on the SD to trigger the first start of the homebrew channel (then install whatever payload I want). But wasn't the firmware check already installed on the 9.2 firmware internet browser?

D

Deleted-236924

Thanks for the clarification, but I woulsd like a bit more. Sorry.
In fact, I know about the browser thing where I have only to get some files on the SD to trigger the first start of the homebrew channel (then install whatever payload I want). But wasn't the firmware check already installed on the 9.2 firmware internet browser?
You're not gonna be on 9.2 when you buy it, that's the thing.
You'll be way under 9.2, most likely 6.x or 7.x

Only 2DSes with >9.2 are the Yo-kai watch bundle that came out in the US recently and that's about it. There's been reports of three european bundles with their buyers finding out they were on 9.9 when they opened them up, two of them were the same person with tomodachi life pre-installed bundle that was on 9.9 both times.

But yeah the check was introduced in 9.9

AyanamiRei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You're not gonna be on 9.2 when you buy it, that's the thing.
You'll be way under 9.2, most likely 6.x or 7.x

Only 2DSes with >9.2 are the Yo-kai watch bundle that came out in the US recently and that's about it. There's been reports of three european bundles with their buyers finding out they were on 9.9 when they opened them up, two of them were the same person with tomodachi life pre-installed bundle that was on 9.9 both times.
I would have bought a blue transparent PAL 2DS, not a bundle. But reading you now, I doubt again. I think there is no "payload" for those 7.x or prior systems who would permit to launch the recent homebrew/HANS channel without problem, am I wrong? If this is the case, I would have no way to infuse only some of the ulterior updates to get it to 9-9.2. So I am still syucked, am I?

Really sorry to bother you so much, I am quite slow concerning those things. (I remember I needed a few days to figure out the how/what of the Wii hacking when my little brother asked me to install and configure it while I had absolutely no knowledge)

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I would have bought a blue transparent PAL 2DS, not a bundle. But reading you now, I doubt again. I think there is no "payload" for those 7.x or prior systems who would permit to launch the recent homebrew/HANS channel without problem, am I wrong? If this is the case, I would have no way to infuse only some of the ulterior updates to get it to 9-9.2. So I am still syucked, am I?

Really sorry to bother you so much, I am quite slow concerning those things. (I remember I needed a few days to figure out the how/what of the Wii hacking when my little brother asked me to install and configure it while I had absolutely no knowledge)
Just update it to 9.2 (or 9.0) using this tutorial:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/
Use the 1.1 payloads for this one!

Reactions: AyanamiRei
D

Deleted-236924

The only thing that could be considered "dangerous" is updating sysnand to 9.2 but is is absolutely risk-free as long as you follow the instructions properly.
As in, only update with sysupdater when in rxtools devmode/pasta mode, NOT rxmode sysnand, or with Pasta CFW with firmlaunch disabled (or other CFWs as long as they have the option to disable firmlaunch.)

AyanamiRei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Are there any other things I should install prior to/during this tutorial ? (enhancements, things who offer new possibilities etc...) I do not want to regret my lack of knowledge later. ^^"

Karuta

Trophies
XP
Country
Just from reading this thread I get the impression that you don't know the difference between hacks on <9.2 and >9.2

If you're on 9.2 or below you get kernel access. You won't really need to use the Homebrew Launcher at all, since you can install Custom Firmware and do pretty much anything you want.

If you're above 9.2, that's when the Homebrew Launcher becomes important, since it's the only thing you really have access to, as there's no kernel exploit.

Reactions: AyanamiRei

AyanamiRei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just from reading this thread I get the impression that you don't know the difference between hacks on <9.2 and >9.2
Good deduction ^^
Very good, then I shall simply install those things to play real imported games and/or patch "on-the-fly" physical games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P +1