Hacking Homebrew Search don't work for me so can you answer this

shaffaaf27

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have been thinking of buying a psp for the last 6 months now, and been watching the homebrew release scene.
yaypsp.gif

I will get one after my tests in May, so wanted to be 100% sure about a couple of things before I bought the system.

1.I will be buying my psp games, but using the homebrew to play my ps1 games. Therefore, how big of a memory card do you think I need for about 10 games?

2.And should I get the sandisk gaming one specially made for the psp?

Also, I will be getting a brand new one, so in case of bricking I will send it back to the shop for a new one, therefore, I was wondering for the newest firmware (3.03?) is there anyway to downgrade without needed a patched version of gta: LCS? Because I have not heard of an alternative, unless I am missing something.

Another Question: if I do manage to get custom firmware on my psp, is there a way of going back to the Sony firmware and then back to the custom etc?

Lastly, I have been focusing on the newer side of the homebrew scene, and for a friend was wondering, if he could downgrade his white (motherboard TA-086) V 2.8 psp, without using GTA LCS?

Thank you for being patient with my Questions!
biggrin.gif
bow.gif

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
1. PSX games are usually 600mb, so get an 8gb memorystick.
2. No it doesnt matter.
3. You need GTA:LCS (with 2.00 update) to downgrade 3.03, 2.80 or lower can downgrade without GTA:LCS.
4. Yes that is possible by using the recovery menu in the custom firmware
5. Yes, visit noobz.eu for more details. (you need to use HEND 2.80)

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have been thinking of buying a psp for the last 6 months now, and been watching the homebrew release scene.Â
yaypsp.gif

I will get one after my tests in May, so wanted to be 100% sure about a couple of things before I bought the system.

1.I will be buying my psp games, but using the homebrew to play my ps1 games. Therefore, how big of a memory card do you think I need for about 10 games?

Also, I will be getting a brand new one, so in case of bricking I will send it back to the shop for a new one, therefore, I was wondering for the newest firmware (3.03?) is there anyway to downgrade without needed a patched version of gta: LCS? Because I have not heard of an alternative, unless I am missing something.

Another Question: if I do manage to get custom firmware on my psp, is there a way of going back to the Sony firmware and then back to the custom etc?

Lastly, I have been focusing on the newer side of the homebrew scene, and for a friend was wondering, if he could downgrade his white (motherboard TA-086) V 2.8 psp, without using GTA LCS?

biggrin.gif
Â
bow.gif

1) 10 games....hahaha.....I'm sure you'll be playing all 10 @ once, right.....Either get yourself a 8gb new pro duo or get 2 4gb pro duos.
2) Get any sandisk pro duo, preferably ultra II, the gaming one is the same as the regular pro duo one they sell. But any sandisk pro duo memory sticks get high benchmarks in performance.
3) You need GTA:LCS with the 2.00 firmware update unpatched. No 2 way around it. Similar process as the downgrade process that was released downgrading 2.5/2.6 firmware.
4) Yes, assuming the sony firmware you go back to is downgradeable...(aka 3.03 or before, but that just about covers everything except the new 3.10 announced).

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have been thinking of buying a psp for the last 6 months now, and been watching the homebrew release scene.Â
yaypsp.gif

biggrin.gif
Â
bow.gif

1. 4gb.

2. No.

3. No.

4. Yes. That is unless you update to today's 3.10. Anything less is downgradable.

5. Yes.

shaffaaf27

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
to answer ym Qs based on thers now...

1. I will stick with a 2GB, and only put in a couple of games.

2. i will get a sandisk made MSPD

3. i will need to buy the unpatched version of GTA: LCS (no other way of doing it)

4. i can do it, so thats good.

5. i can also do that, so my freind will be pleased.

THANKYOU FOR YOUR TIME AND COMMENTS. IT REALLY HEPLED!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.