Hardware Seagate Discontinues 7200RPM 2.5" Drives

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well after my last Seagate drive failure they left a bad impression on me, but generally maybe im a stick in the mud, I am hoping that Western Digital doesnt follow this trend I like the middle ground between Performance and Price.

SSD's per GB is not at the level I like as of yet and 5400RPM drives are slow as hell for anything but storage :/ hence why I like the 7200RPM Laptop ones there a decent bit faster than the 5400's but not raping your wallet if you want a decent size.

Then again like I say maybe im just being a stick in the mud, I know that SSD's compaired to 7200RPM hdd's is night and day I think its my cheap ass "best value for my money" side talking more than anything and every time that side of me starts talking it mentions...

35818786.jpg

Reactions: Celice and Rydian

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hybrid drives. 'Nuff said. Most people don't need a large SSD section, but do need a large amount of space. That's where hybrid drives come into play. At least for now, since the SSD prices ($$ per GB) are falling year on year by 10s of percents.

Guerillaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't use Seagate much anyway, I'm a WD guy. I guess its just a sign, things are changing.

I was actually thinking today that I hope companies don't start to phase out desktops. I would be lost.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here