Seagate Discontinues 7200RPM 2.5" Drives

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by Rydian, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Rydian
    OP

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
  2. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    Considering its only talking about 2.5" drives, it makes perfect sense.

3. Kouen Hasuki

Kouen Hasuki Kouen the Cyber Husky

Jan 9, 2013
    Norway
    Gaming Bunker
    Well after my last Seagate drive failure they left a bad impression on me, but generally maybe im a stick in the mud, I am hoping that Western Digital doesnt follow this trend I like the middle ground between Performance and Price.

SSD's per GB is not at the level I like as of yet and 5400RPM drives are slow as hell for anything but storage :/ hence why I like the 7200RPM Laptop ones there a decent bit faster than the 5400's but not raping your wallet if you want a decent size.

Then again like I say maybe im just being a stick in the mud, I know that SSD's compaired to 7200RPM hdd's is night and day I think its my cheap ass "best value for my money" side talking more than anything and every time that side of me starts talking it mentions...

[​IMG]

Celice and Rydian like this.
  4. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Hybrid drives. 'Nuff said. Most people don't need a large SSD section, but do need a large amount of space. That's where hybrid drives come into play. At least for now, since the SSD prices ($$ per GB) are falling year on year by 10s of percents.

5. Guerillaz

Guerillaz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2012
    United States
    KEN-TUCK-KY
    I don't use Seagate much anyway, I'm a WD guy. I guess its just a sign, things are changing.

I was actually thinking today that I hope companies don't start to phase out desktops. I would be lost.

6. Kouen Hasuki

Kouen Hasuki Kouen the Cyber Husky

Jan 9, 2013
    Norway
    Gaming Bunker
    shhhhhhhhhhh!

Don't give "the man" idea's!

7. Guerillaz

Guerillaz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2012
    United States
    KEN-TUCK-KY
    Sorry, I just get bored and think of stuff in my Database Management class lol