Hacking SDMS emulation w/DS

dave43

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to run the SDMS.exe w/sms rom's. Can anyone tell a noob how to do this. Do I just put the exe in my root drive and run the sms rom's? Help.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're very far off.

All this is taken from the readme, that comes with what you downloaded.

Use the DSMS.EXE program to generate the DS ROM.

Syntax: DSMS MODE INPUT.ROM OUTPUT.NDS
MODE = 0 -> MasterSystem
= 1 -> GameGear
The output .NDS is also converted to .GBA to run with flashcards

So basically, a noobs version would go...

Find your dsms.exe say it's in C:\dsms\
Put the rom that you want to run in that folder as well. For example purposes, and the fact that it's a bad ass game, we're gonna go with theninja.sms
Click start->run-> and type in the little box "cmd"

dave43

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I opened the dos command prompt and entered everything exactly as shown...pressed enter and it said the system couldn't find the path specified.

So in the command prompt I typed- cd C:\sms roms\dsms 0 TheNinja(UE).sms TheNinja(UE).nds

pressed enter and it didn't work

mr.asure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I opened the dos command prompt and entered everything exactly as shown...pressed enter and it said the system couldn't find the path specified.

So in the command prompt I typed- cd C:\sms roms\dsms 0 TheNinja(UE).sms TheNinja(UE).nds

pressed enter and it didn't work

You need to probably need to add " signs because of the long filenames, and hit enter after each command.
CODEcd C:\sms roms\dsms (hit enter)
dsms 0 "TheNinja(UE).sms" "TheNinja(UE).nds" (hit enter)

I can't see how your files are name, chances are, there is a space between TheNinja and (UE)..

dave43

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do I enter it exactly as the rom is named in the folder?so if it has spaces...I should type it in with spaces?

mr.asure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, with the spaces.

edit: you can use TAB key to auto-complete, so enter "The[tab] and then winxp will complete the filename..

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need the quotes. At least, I didn't need them. Oh, but if the roms name has spaces, you should rename it to not have spaces, or else it will not work. The dsms program will thing that the ninja.sms when typed into dos prompt should only be "the" and anything after is what it thinks will become the "the.nds"

dave43

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok...Finally got htem in nds. & nds.gba. Now I use the EZ4lite. Do I have tuse the software? I tried to move them with the software and it said something about not being clean and unplayable. Also it wouldnt transfer the file name. Help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself