GCN SDLoad (loaded through Action Replay) with a 4GB SD Card...

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Googled around a bit and not found anything on this.

So I'll go ahead and ask it here. Will SDLoad support a 4GB NON-SDHC card? (the app that the Action Replay exploit will use to load off SD card for homebrew)

I know most SD cards that are 4GB or larger are SDHC and are said not to work with SDLOAD, but I wonder about those rare hard to find older non-SDHC 4GB SD cards that still work on the original SD standard. So I want to be sure before I order the 4GB non-SDHC card I found.

I've also wondered that since the loader bin file that AR gets redirected to load is basically a renamed DOL file, I wonder if I could just take something like SWISS that supports SDHC cards and rename that to replace the SDLOAD bin file and AR just ends up loading that instead and thus avoding the hotswap trick between a 2GB card and a larger SDHC card to load large stuff like ISO images.

I happen to already have a v1.14 copy of Action Replay, so all I need to do is get me an SD Card adapter and a SD card and then I can have homebrew and such on my GameCube.

I did have a 2GB SD card I originally received with my 3DS. But loaned that off to my sister for her softmodded Wii. So I will also need to get a SD card.

I've rounded up all the things I need to buy. Sure I could just get a Wii, but currently already own the Gamecube and Action Replay + only getting the SD adapter with SD card would be cheaper.

Plus I have Dolphin and a beast of a PC that runs it very well, so I'll just use that for my Wii stuff. Yeah I could use it for Gamecube too, but nothing beats playing things on the original hardware. I'm nostalgic like that. :P

Plus I plan on putting the GameCube in the living room for my younger sister to enjoy. (not same sister that I loaned my SD card for Wii use. She doesn't live with us anymore and lives in her own place) :D

Reactions: macmanhigh

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Alright. Update time.

I received my WiiKey SD adapter today along with my 4GB Topram SD card. So now I can confirm that non-SDHC 4GB cards do indeed work! It booted right into SDLoader on the first attempt. Using CleanRip to backup my games as we speak. :D

For reference this was the SD card I bought:

Topram 4GB SD Card (non-SDHC)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I even convinced my dad to watch Fallout lol. He's enjoying it so far +1