Homebrew SDL Mame Wii V0.6 with Classic Controller

Hybridtech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi i have SDL Mame Wii all setup and running and all the roms load perfectly but i cant for the life of me get the wii classic controller working. The white one, is this configurable as im dying to play street fighter.

Thanks in advance. :blink:

StupidGamer1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate how you have to use the wii mote to pick your game though, I know it's a minor annoyance but still why can't you just use the CC to select your game. Haven't used MAME SDL in a while since i can't fight those stupid CHD errors and I am an arcade a holic..FML >:(

Toad King

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate how you have to use the wii mote to pick your game though, I know it's a minor annoyance but still why can't you just use the CC to select your game. Haven't used MAME SDL in a while since i can't fight those stupid CHD errors and I am an arcade a holic..FML > :(
There are seperate control menus for game controls and menu controls.

StupidGamer1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate how you have to use the wii mote to pick your game though, I know it's a minor annoyance but still why can't you just use the CC to select your game. Haven't used MAME SDL in a while since i can't fight those stupid CHD errors and I am an arcade a holic..FML > :(

When and if I learn to fix CHD errors on some roms I'll definitely change that menu options. I wasn't aware that you could. Thanks,Toad King!

Toad King

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

When and if I learn to fix CHD errors on some roms I'll definitely change that menu options. I wasn't aware that you could. Thanks,Toad King!
Almost all CHD errors are from the romsets for other versions of MAME that aren't the one you're running. SDL MAME Wii uses MAME 0.134u4, so be sure to use romsets for that version.

StupidGamer1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that toad king but could you tell me briefly how can I tell if those romsets work with that version of mame? Do I download that particular version of MAME to see if the roms I have work with it? Lastly if say the roms (CHD Errors not size based issues because I know some game aren't able to work due to wii's limited memory) What should I use to update the romsets? CLR mame pro or romcenter. I have the dats for that particular version of mame that I got from a MAME fan site and I heard you can update the files in arcade roms using those dats. What would you suggest?

Toad King

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that toad king but could you tell me briefly how can I tell if those romsets work with that version of mame? Do I download that particular version of MAME to see if the roms I have work with it? Lastly if say the roms (CHD Errors not size based issues because I know some game aren't able to work due to wii's limited memory) What should I use to update the romsets? CLR mame pro or romcenter. I have the dats for that particular version of mame that I got from a MAME fan site and I heard you can update the files in arcade roms using those dats. What would you suggest?
Usually wherever you found the romset will tell you what version of MAME its for. I'm not sure how to fix them to run with a specific version though, that's something you should ask on one of the MAME sites out there.

scorned4sega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually wherever you found the romset will tell you what version of MAME its for. I'm not sure how to fix them to run with a specific version though, that's something you should ask on one of the MAME sites out there.
You can change the romset by using either Clrmamepro or Romcenter and the DAT file for the version 134u4 (or the closest one). In the program you would go to Fix the romset (make a backup of the romset first in case something goes wrong).

Binxy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about support for pro classic controllers. Was using my regular CC with no problems, and I go out and buy 3 pro CC, and low and behold they don't work on SDL MAME 0.6

samuraijojo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hybridtech did you ever get the classic controller to work with SF2? i just got a working SF2 ROM and had problems with the CC pro so i bought a classic controller but still couldnt get the buttons to configure in the MAME menu. sorry new to this so still learning the ins and outs.

Andrew Meaney

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't even get a the wiimote/classic controller to work at ALL in MAME, only a Gamecube controller. Any idea how to fix this?

Linkuei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I can't even get a the wiimote/classic controller to work at ALL in MAME, only a Gamecube controller. Any idea how to fix this?
Just download the most actual Mame Wii with controller and the 150 roms limit problem fixed:
https://onedrive.live.com/download.aspx?cid=88CE3B71FBDA3559&authKey=!AMf7cy01nweEyU8&resid=88CE3B71FBDA3559!2549&canary=3DslLH4cKohG29yPgqVk3AGTbqOubwAQgHRkpuqrQ9o=0&ithint=.7z

Fixed by @macntrash : http://gbatemp.net/threads/is-there...-limit-on-wii-mame.347097/page-3#post-5994078)

Last edited by Linkuei,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.