SDL MAME wii help

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Tonitonichopchop, Feb 9, 2011.

Feb 9, 2011

SDL MAME wii help by Tonitonichopchop at 8:20 PM (1,586 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Tonitonichopchop
    OP

Member Tonitonichopchop GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I've been trying to get MAME to work for a while, but I'm having a gigantic issue. Every time I try to play a rom, the app freezes and boots me back to the homebrew channel. I've tried several games that are confirmed working and I'm positive I have the correct roms, but so far nothing has helped.

Edit:

To be more specific, the rom shows that it's loading, but then crashes. I haven't seen an ounce of gameplay.

2. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Hmm...I was hoping someone with a bit more insight could help out. All I can give is a few basic pointers:

-are you using the latest version? (0.6 at the moment of writing
    -do you have IOS58 installed? (apparently, it uses this IOS for faster loading).
    -do you have the correct romset? I think this should be .135...but I may very well be mistaken (someone confirm/deny, please?)
    -are you using roms that are listed in this compatability list?

I doubt the above contains anything you haven't already checked...but I can't add more than that. [​IMG]