sdl mame wii and best arcade games?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by mrpinkeye, May 19, 2011.

May 19, 2011
  1. mrpinkeye
    OP

Member mrpinkeye GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    will SDL MAME Wii be able to play games like xmen arcade, spiderman, TMNT, marvel vs capcom etc?

also, where do i put the roms on the SD card? iv never used a mame emulator before and the game folders have loads of files in which im not used to...do i just put the main game folder in roms and the emulator does the rest?

thanks

2. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Hmm...there must be already a mame-thread around here somewhere...Ah: here we go.

The thing is that the emulator works fine, but it won't play new or large games. beat 'm up games like TMNT or X-men work fine, but I'm not so sure about fighter games (then again, these were never my cup of tea, so I never tried them).

As for how they work...they tend to be distributed in .zip files. You shouldn't unzip or rename these, but just put them in the '\roms' (or was it '\rom'?) folder. They'll be found when you run the emulator, and can be played as well.

Below is a post from me to someone else that outlined mostly the same stuff. Still may be interesting, though: