SDL MAME 0.6 Won't Load!!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Centrix, Apr 1, 2011.

Apr 1, 2011

SDL MAME 0.6 Won't Load!!! by Centrix at 7:20 PM (2,781 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Centrix
    OP

Member Centrix Stop Poking the Moogle!

United States
    It seems to load everything fine up to a point then it just sits there at the "Loading dol..." So whats the problem...here's a quick screen I took with my DSi, any help would be great!

[​IMG]

Pleas help, how long does it take for it to load the dol?....sheesh!...lol I'm using the newest release that just came out as mentioned in the title!

2. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    The newest release that just came out? I think someone's pulling a joke on you...SDL MAME Wii 0.6 was released January 12th (note: this is not to be confused with SDL mame, which hasn't been updated in ages).

Anyhow...that screenshot looks like you're trying to run it off a channel. And SDL mame wii doesn't like common channels. First, try to run it from the homebrew channel. If it works from there, take a look at this page, the 3rd to last post. That link should contain a channel that properly forwards to the program. [​IMG]

3. Centrix
    OP

Member Centrix Stop Poking the Moogle!

United States
    Yeah I figured it out, it was the channel I was using...lol, thanks for the forwarder! [​IMG]

one last thing, I tried to load Marvel Super Hero's and Giga Wing, Giga wing get to 91% loaded then restarts my wii and Marvel Super Hero's just won't load says it's missing a file or something any ideas!?

4. Taleweaver

Belgium
    Well...just because it's an arcade emulator doesn't mean it can play all games (there's a WIDE variety on arcade games out there...impossible to emulate them all). There is a list of compatible games on wiibrew, but this is just the whitelist. In other words: if it's not on there, it won't work (probably won't even show up, though I'm not sure on that). However, not all games on that list work. It's mostly trial and error. Oh, and there is a more thorougly tested list out there...
    *searches through favorites*

Ah: here we are. Giga wing is on that list...I assume it's only those versions mentioned that work, and not the other. [​IMG]

The missing files thing is a common thing with arcade games. You need the parent zip-file. Check the note about it in the earlier mentioned list.

5. siliconmessiah

Member siliconmessiah GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I do not really understand "the parent zip-file"-part.
    I have the games in zip-files, but how should the set-up be in the mame/roms-directory? Should the files be unzipped in directories instead? Or how should the files be placed?
    I always get "the files missing"-message...=/

6. MrTea

Member MrTea GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    That list isn't accurate though as Gigawing is CPS2 (and about 13mb) which will be way to big for the wii's limited memory to handle and this emu only just about manages to play CPS1 games?

7. siliconmessiah

Member siliconmessiah GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I don´t get it. That list is made by a person that has been personally testing and playing the games.
    It says for example that dungeons & dragons is also CPS2 and listed as working fine.

For myself - I can´t even run Moonwalker without music hiccups and some chopiness.

I just don´t get it...what am I doing wrong?

8. MrTea

Member MrTea GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Again the D&D game is CPS2 that has no hope of running on the current revisions of wii mame. The person who compiled that list is lying if they reckon those games work.

If its CPS2, Neo Geo or anthing big then it simply won't work on wiimame. Stick with the classics like SF2, Pacman, Aliens, Robocop, CrudeBuster etc. ...and Moonwalker does work so you must have a bad rom dump.

9. Taleweaver

Belgium
    ...I guess I'll have to look up another list to see which arcade games can actually PLAY on the wii.