SDHC yet compatible?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Liberty, Aug 9, 2010.

Aug 9, 2010

SDHC yet compatible? by Liberty at 9:15 AM (1,058 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Liberty
    OP

Member Liberty GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    I just upgraded my Wii to 4.2, cIOS 20, ... and don't know what happend in the past 10 month regarding anything related to this console. I know that the System Menu itself accepts SDHC, but what about the HBC, CFG Loader, ...? Last time i searched for an answer i just found something like: "HBC works, most Homebrew-apps don't".

2. luminalace

Member luminalace GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I can confirm that the 3 main USB loaders, GX, CFG & Wiiflow all support SDHC as does all major emulators. All work fine from the HBC!

3. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    SDHC has worked in homebrew for ages

4. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Oh crap! Working for you with your card(s) != working for everybody with any sdhc card!

It's true most homebrew, HBC itself etc. all have sdhc support. But none of these supports all cards, and there are differences in sdhc card compatiblity between any apps.

=>If you think about using a sdhc for wii for everything, forget it!
    If you think about loading games from sdhc, but nothing else, then look if you find a card from which somebody says it's possible to load games from it.

5. Category

Member Category Trainee Romhacker

United Kingdom
    QFT - only 1 of my SDHC cards works with HBC, although 2 of them work with my emus. Generally speaking, normal SD works much smoother, albeit with lower storage. (Not tatking into account BootMii - even several of my SD cards won't play nicely with BootMii)

6. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    If you HBC doesn't use IOS61 right now, there's a chance that other card will work in HBC, if you install IOS61(just take the latest) and then reinstall HBC. Well this could break the other card if you are lucky...

7. smf

Member smf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Most software also supports USB now.
    You don't really need an SD card these days, apart from some offline installers.