Hacking SDHC/Reader Problem

EndlessMike

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my CycloDS about a month ago, along with a cheap sandisk 4GB micro sdhc card. It's been working great up to this point, but a few days ago I went to put some files on the sdhc and windows doesn't seem to recognize it. I'm using the card reader that came with the CycloDS, when I plug it in the LED comes on and windows seems to recognize the reader itself fine, but the autoplay dialog never pops up, and if I try to open it through explorer I'm asked to insert a disk. I thought maybe it was the card reader that was bad because I've heard they don't tend to last long, but I've tried it in a couple different readers now on both Vista and Ubuntu Linux with the same error. The sdhc card still works fine in the CycloDS however. All of my files are still on it and can still be accessed. I don't know if it's related or just coincidence, but the last thing I did was update to the 1.54 firmware. The update seems to have worked fine, but next time I took the card out to put files on it I got the insert disk error, and it hasn't worked since. I noticed today that I can't load moonshell anymore either, if I try to the loading box pops up and it just hangs there. Has anyone else had this problem before, or have any ideas what happened? As of right now I'm assuming the sdhc card is bad, but it seems weird to me that it still works fine in the CycloDS. If it is the sdhc card that needs replaced, does anyone know of a data recovery software that might be able to access the disk so I can try to backup my data at least?

EndlessMike

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. So maybe it's just a problem with Vista. Linux couldn't mount it either, but I'm no good with linux so it's possible that it was some other error. Maybe one of my friends is still running xp and I could try it. I wonder if it would work in a virtual machine at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.